Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2018, 05:56 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-1 to K-1 Mark II Upgrade Service - Now available in Australia - Details

Several users have been asking for clarification about the K-1 to K-1 II upgrade procedure in Australia, so I've obtained some info.

CR Kennedy is now able to accept cameras for this service:

"The Pentax K-1 upgrade program is available for all K-1 owners from 21st May to 30th September 2018.
K-1 owners can drop their camera off to our service center or any of our offices during this period to have their camera upgraded. They can also send it in if they are unable to attend any of our locations. Attached is a copy of the service form that K-1 owners can fill in & send along with their cameras."

The cost is $700 AUD.

Note that the upgraded K-1's will not read "K-1 II" as shown below (that's just a stock photo); instead, the SR badge will be replaced with a "II" badge.

Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Photo Service Repair Form - Pentax K-1 Upgrade.pdf (64.4 KB, 60 views)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-27-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Upgrade Service for Current Pentax K-1 Owners?Support?RICOH IMAGING CANADA

This is the information for Canada.

How to Order PENTAX K-1 Upgrade Service
Contact the Authorized Service Centre. They will be able to provide information regarding where to send your camera, Upgrade Service cost and estimated service turnaround time.

Click Here to download the PENTAX K-1 Upgrade Service Agreement Terms & Conditions document. Fill out the required information and sign and date the document. Include a copy of the completed document with your camera or email a copy to the Authorized Service Centre. Please note that the Authorized Service Centre will not be able to commence the Upgrade Service until they receive a signed copy of this document.

Send your camera to the Authorized Service Centre. Be sure to package your camera carefully using ample padding material to prevent damage in transit. Remember to include your completed PENTAX K-1 Upgrade Service Agreement Terms & Conditions document with your camera.
05-27-2018, 07:49 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeeeha! I'm on it.
05-28-2018, 01:01 AM   #4
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

kind of sotware

the updated Pentax k-1 to Pentax k-1 mark II.

is the sofware a Pentax k-1 mark II?

regards

05-28-2018, 08:06 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote

regards
I'm not sure what you are asking.

The upgrade from K-1 to K-1ii involves replacing the mainboard and the "SR" badge with one marked "II". A Japanese blog showed a "AOC" (Asahi Optical Co.) sticker was placed on the pentaprism housing. It is unclear if this will be done outside Japan. The upgraded camera will have the K-1ii firmware, probably version 1.02. A new CD is included with DCU version 5.80, the same that is shipping with the K-1ii bought new.
05-28-2018, 01:48 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote

regards
Everything (apart from the labeling of the external body) will be identical to the K-1 II. This includes the firmware.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

05-28-2018, 05:30 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm dropping my black K-1 into the CRK Adelaide office today. I'll keep you posted of progress. Fingers crossed!

I'll have to make do with the silver body in the meantime
05-29-2018, 06:12 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
If I do the upgrade, it means that same body will have cost me $AUD3400, since I paid ~$2700 for the original. Serious money. Hope it is worth it.