Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2018, 10:43 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
...I had to force myself to watch the video after the initial "Whazgoinoooon YouTuuuube!!!" scream...
Well, he's a fairly new YouTube, maybe he'll hone his on screen person over time (like most of established channels did).

06-10-2018, 01:46 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Well, he's a fairly new YouTube, maybe he'll hone his on screen person over time (like most of established channels did).
I hope so... however the trend seems to be "let's shout", "hey we're super-cool dudes doing super-cool things", "in this 10' video I'll explain the SCIENCE behind 2+2" and so on... not much space for calmer, quieter, more down-to-earth people.
06-10-2018, 02:36 PM - 1 Like   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
I hope so... however the trend seems to be "let's shout", "hey we're super-cool dudes doing super-cool things", "in this 10' video I'll explain the SCIENCE behind 2+2" and so on... not much space for calmer, quieter, more down-to-earth people.
Nope unfortunately not, same on any other media platform out there. But he's one of the very few YouTubers representing Pentax, so I watch his content just for that.
06-10-2018, 02:47 PM - 2 Likes   #64
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Why does he take ten minutes to make two or three points? The images he uses to demonstrate the uselessness of dynamic pixel shift are in themselves useless.

06-10-2018, 03:04 PM - 1 Like   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Why does he take ten minutes to make two or three points? The images he uses to demonstrate the uselessness of dynamic pixel shift are in themselves useless.
Everyone does that... never figured out why.
Even major newspapers in my country put on their homepage links to silly slideshow "videos" (no moving images at all), that last 2-3 minutes, have no voice over (only text in the slides), are accompanied by an annoying jingle, and say what could have been written in 3-4 lines of text
06-10-2018, 08:20 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Mm, I guess someone else needs to make a YouTube channel and do it better then?
06-11-2018, 01:02 AM   #67
Veteran Member

I guess someone else needs to make a YouTube channel and do it better then?
Ricoh Imaging should do it themselves. Other vendors like Fuji do. Even boring IT hardware makers like Kingston and Netgear have their own quite active YT channels and will often commission folks to do a range of useful brand-related videos, eg:

Fuji Guys Channel - YouTube
Kingston Technology - YouTube
NETGEAR - YouTube

Interestingly, Ricoh Imaging USA does have a YouTube channel, but the last video was posted two years ago ... Ricoh Imaging UK - 4 years ago, and the Ricoh France YT channel gives the impression that they only recently discovered that the K-1 exists. Nothing about K1 II, or even KP.

06-11-2018, 01:06 AM - 1 Like   #68
Veteran Member

Mm, I guess someone else needs to make a YouTube channel and do it better then?
I could, but I would only talk about the things I'm absolutely sure I know perfectly inside-out, there's far too much noise to have another random person talking about things he only knows superficially.
That would mean topics related to my job...problem is, there's no market for that!
06-11-2018, 06:16 AM   #69
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

on 4-6-2018 i made an upgrade registration with foto maertz, hamburg Germany.
on 7-6-2018 i send a mail and received as answer, sorry we are busy with a lot of
upgrade registrations.
i wunder if they can upgrade all the camera's before 30-9-2018!!!!
regards
ebk
06-11-2018, 07:00 AM   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks EBK for getting the thread back on topic! Hopefully, your camera gets accepted soon. I sent mine into Precision last Wednesday and they show it as received. I also got a call on Friday morning to tell me that they had received it and that it was in the evaluation process. No indication if they have enough boards.
06-11-2018, 08:02 AM   #71
Veteran Member

I thought that they were not accepting new upgrades for a while till they received new boards from Ricoh. Did they send out a post saying," bring em on, we are ready"?

---------- Post added 06-11-18 at 08:02 AM ----------

Pretty amazing shot at 25.6k Sandy. I take it your initial reaction to the upgrade is positive then?
06-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Ricoh Imaging should do it themselves. Other vendors like Fuji do. Even boring IT hardware makers like Kingston and Netgear have their own quite active YT channels and will often commission folks to do a range of useful brand-related videos, eg:

Fuji Guys Channel - YouTube
Kingston Technology - YouTube
NETGEAR - YouTube

Interestingly, Ricoh Imaging USA does have a YouTube channel, but the last video was posted two years ago ... Ricoh Imaging UK - 4 years ago, and the Ricoh France YT channel gives the impression that they only recently discovered that the K-1 exists. Nothing about K1 II, or even KP.
I don't know if they see this kind of marketing as useful, hence not sending review units to almost anyone on youtube really.
06-12-2018, 05:09 AM   #73
Veteran Member

It's reassuring to hear the positive experiences of people following their upgrades. I am still in two minds about it.
06-12-2018, 06:03 AM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
It's reassuring to hear the positive experiences of people following their upgrades. I am still in two minds about it.
Whichever mind counts your money will be having surgery performed on your k-1 soon. The other mind doesn't count.

RONC
06-15-2018, 07:13 AM   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

An update on my experience with the upgrade. I sent mine in last week to Precision after filling out their on line form and they notified my by phone of its receipt on June 7. Today I received an email from their Customer Experience Manager asking me not to send them the camera because they will not have parts until June 25. It was the standard email that they seem now to be sending to everyone who goes to their site. I did not receive the email before today and there was no indication on the site when I filled out the form. I did receive an order confirmation email and Web Order number as well as a PDF receipt which I included with the camera. I have asked them to return the camera and refund the fee. We will see. I debated long and hard about whether it was wise to send in my silver ltd edition. Wish I had debated longer.