Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
06-15-2018, 08:42 AM   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
An update on my experience with the upgrade. I sent mine in last week to Precision after filling out their on line form and they notified my by phone of its receipt on June 7. Today I received an email from their Customer Experience Manager asking me not to send them the camera because they will not have parts until June 25. It was the standard email that they seem now to be sending to everyone who goes to their site. I did not receive the email before today and there was no indication on the site when I filled out the form. I did receive an order confirmation email and Web Order number as well as a PDF receipt which I included with the camera. I have asked them to return the camera and refund the fee. We will see. I debated long and hard about whether it was wise to send in my silver ltd edition. Wish I had debated longer.
On Jun 2, 2018 I posted this from Precision:
QuoteQuote:
The official K-1 to K-1 Mark II Upgrade Feedback Thread
Posted By rechmbrs Replies: 74
Views: 2,823
NOTICE of Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service - June 01, 2018:

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest of the Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service.

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming response to the K-1 Upgrade service we have already exceeded our initial allotment. We are scheduled to receive our next allotment on June 25, 2018. Therefore, in order to comply with the estimated 7-10 business day turnaround time, we ask that you do not send in your cameras at this time. Please continue to fill in the upgrade request form and await further communication from Precision Camera before you ship any product. Please Note: All Upgrade requests will be handled in the order they are received.

We thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Copied from Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation - Service & Repair.

Sounds like Pentax has a good idea letting us upgrade rather than buying a new camera.
RONC
It is in this thread. There is no way for us to make "Stickies" or I would have.

It was and is on the front page of Precision's Ricoh page.

RONC

06-15-2018, 09:00 AM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
On Jun 2, 2018 I posted this from Precision:

It is in this thread. There is no way for us to make "Stickies" or I would have.

It was and is on the front page of Precision's Ricoh page.

RONC
Sorry, but it was not apparent on their site when I set up the upgrade. They acknowledged the request for an upgrade in an email and sent a PDF receipt for the upgrade request. In any case they have agreed to return the camera. If they did not want cameras to be sent in they should have blocked that item on the repair request form. In any case, I should have my camera back soon.
06-15-2018, 09:32 AM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There is a " Hiccup " in the Upgrade Program ( USA -- Precision Camera ). The function affected is the Wi-Fi. Precision Camera is taking care of this...A Quality Enterprise ! -- I just send my camera back to Enfiled, Connecticut. They also sent me for free the UPS Two Day Air Mailing label. to use. I just had to wrap up and pad my camera in a shipping box ( Bubble Wrap ).. Since I am hardly a " Perfect Person " I am not complaining and I am a very happy Customer with the upgrade and how everything has been handled. I think that they we have a great camera in Pentax and a great company in Precision Camera.
06-15-2018, 10:24 AM   #79

Sorry, but it was not apparent on their site when I set up the upgrade. They acknowledged the request for an upgrade in an email and sent a PDF receipt for the upgrade request. In any case they have agreed to return the camera. If they did not want cameras to be sent in they should have blocked that item on the repair request form. In any case, I should have my camera back soon.
It's a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. While it may take just a few minutes to type in the actual changes to the website (Precision). It may actually take days or even weeks for the changes to get implemented Especially if Precision is farming out the website design and maintenance to a 3rd party.

Give Precision a little credit for at least trying to keep the turn-around time to 7-10 day.

It also shows that, barring shipping delays, Ricoh underestimated the demand for this upgrade.

BTW: The Japanese blog on the repair said something (via Google Translate) that the maximum conversions that could be done per day was three. Unclear if that was per technician or per center.

06-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #80
Veteran Member

I was also sent the email about the WiFi update with the shipping label. Sent the body back today.
06-20-2018, 02:28 PM - 1 Like   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

K-1 Upgrade -- Step 2 -- Wi-Fi Adjustment

Hi -

An Update On Step 2 in my K-1 Upgrade.

I will be receiving my upgraded K-1 tomorrow.. Step 2 ( Wi-Fi ) Adjustment ) has been completed.

The Turn Around was only one day at Precision Camera. The rest of the time was UPS Shipping times back and forth.

I think that we have a great enterprise in Precision Camera ..very professional and polite....and honest ! And a great camera in Pentax.
06-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I got my camera back yesterday from Precision. I hope they did the wifi adjustment, no mention of it. The model logo was not changed even though noted in the paperwork, no big deal except if I want to sell it, but then I have the receipt. I was surprised that it had the base 1.0 firmware. No manual was included, but I download the digital version. I really want the dynamic PS for landscape shots while hiking, and look forward to seeing the results. Turn around was quick. They called me when they received it and I asked that they contact me before shipping as I might need to travel for a family matter. They did not call, but it worked out OK.

06-23-2018, 11:33 AM - 1 Like   #83

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote
The model logo was not changed even though noted in the paperwork, no big deal except if I want to sell it, but then I have the receipt.
I would call them up and ask them to send you the "II" badge. It's something you can replace on your own.
06-25-2018, 06:57 PM   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have they started accepting upgrade orders again?
06-25-2018, 09:19 PM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I haven't seen any new emails yet...

06-26-2018, 11:46 AM   #86
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just sent mine today, so I'll report back when i hear something.
06-26-2018, 09:15 PM   #87
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I just sent mine today, so I'll report back when i hear something.

Sending mine in tomorrow...

06-27-2018, 08:50 AM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I called and spoke with them. They were nice enough to inform me that I could send me camera in and it would be 7-10 days. They do have a new form they want you to send in, a disclaimer which she said folks aren't sending in and so it slows down the process. So give them a call, and make sure they give you all their instructions and docs they want. Good luck!
07-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #89
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have upgraded my K1 to K1 Mark II.
Bought it in Copenhagen at Goecker and delivered it there for upgrade service. They sent it to the service center in Kungsör in Sweden, and it was returned for my pickup 4 weeks later.

The date is correct. The file counter seems to proceed where I left it.

Haven't tried it out yet. Only shot a couple of shots.
Follow up to come ...

Last edited by henrikpedersen33; 07-09-2018 at 03:04 PM.
07-10-2018, 09:01 AM   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for the update.