Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
07-11-2018, 06:28 AM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thirteen days over a holiday week in the US... not too shabby. Plus it got held up a little bit because I forgot to include the signed release. Received yesterday, 10JUL.

Attached Images

Last edited by jcdoss; 07-11-2018 at 06:40 AM.
07-11-2018, 08:01 AM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Thirteen days over a holiday week in the US... not too shabby. Plus it got held up a little bit because I forgot to include the signed release. Received yesterday, 10JUL.
That is pretty good. Thanks for the update. Was that your silver K-1?
07-11-2018, 08:52 AM   #93
Pentaxian

Yep! I'll use it for a few weeks before I decide whether to send in the black one too.
07-11-2018, 02:21 PM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
Yep! I'll use it for a few weeks before I decide whether to send in the black one too.
I am sure that I am not the only one waiting for your report.

07-15-2018, 08:09 AM   #95
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

While we are waiting for a report from JCDoss, I have a question. I have the K-1ii and like its performance a lot. I acknowledge the possibility that the placebo effect is at work here. But my question has to do with my Silver K-1. It is interesting that JCDoss sent his limited edition in first because my question is should someone with the Limited Edition keep it in its original state? In other words is the original state of the limited edition what it should remain or should we treat it as just another K-1 that we do or do not want to upgrade? I think I only thought of this after another poster a few weeks ago said they would not change the limited edition.
I acknowledge this is probably a silly, nit picky kind of question but, in the interest of curiosity and the post count, I ask it.
07-15-2018, 04:34 PM - 1 Like   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
While we are waiting for a report from JCDoss, I have a question. I have the K-1ii and like its performance a lot. I acknowledge the possibility that the placebo effect is at work here. But my question has to do with my Silver K-1. It is interesting that JCDoss sent his limited edition in first because my question is should someone with the Limited Edition keep it in its original state? In other words is the original state of the limited edition what it should remain or should we treat it as just another K-1 that we do or do not want to upgrade? I think I only thought of this after another poster a few weeks ago said they would not change the limited edition.
I acknowledge this is probably a silly, nit picky kind of question but, in the interest of curiosity and the post count, I ask it.
To me the answer to this question boils down to what is your intended use of the limited edition camera.

If you see it as an investment, and plan to store it and someday try to sell it for a profit, then I would not upgrade it.

However, if the camera is intended to be used, then upgrade it.
07-16-2018, 02:37 AM   #97
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Limited Edition cameras aren't like antique cars. As far as I know, ten years from now it probably won't have increased in value, regardless of whether you do the upgrade or not. And I am assuming you are actually taking photos with it, not parking it in your camera garage, meaning that you should do what you think would benefit your photography the most.

From an image standpoint, I think the K-1 II is better then the K-1 but the difference is not huge.

07-17-2018, 06:41 PM   #98
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got my upgraded K-1 back last week and now I have my original K-1 ii and upgraded K-1. I found the upgrade to be a simple process. A few things I noted were:

The II label replaced the SR logo as anticipated. No problems there.

Lost all of the stored USER settings....no big deal.

I definitely see the autofocus improvement. The upgraded K-1 keeps up with my other K-1 ii.

I think the upgrade is worth it. I have yet to produce an image where the accelerator made the image worse. I did quite a bit of testing before sending the K-1 in for upgrade. Glad I did :-)
07-17-2018, 07:17 PM   #99
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I keep checking back in here. I'm still on the fence about uograding. I unexpectedly won an eBay auction for a FA20-35 so there went some of money. I know time is running out and I really have not anyone say they regretted the upgrade. I doubt my K-1 has more than 10,000 shots on it yet. It may be time to sell a few lenses.
07-17-2018, 08:15 PM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Syntax Quote
The II label replaced the SR logo as anticipated. No problems there.
My came off over the weekend, and is now lost!

(It doesn't matter. The camera identifies itself as a K-1ii).
07-26-2018, 09:48 PM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Helio. Can Anyone tell us if there is a real improvment on the afc tracking ?

Thanks
07-27-2018, 04:22 PM   #102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pasorro Quote
Helio. Can Anyone tell us if there is a real improvment on the afc tracking ?

Thanks
Yes. Here, check this out:

Pentax K-1 II vs K-1 Autofocus Test - Hands-On Tests | PentaxForums.com

08-04-2018, 07:07 AM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My upgrade took two weeks from the day I sent it in and I also forgot the release (sent in by email). So with the delay caused by not having the release signed and two weekends it only took 7 days to get it back. Shelly from Precision called me to let me know it was on the way too. Great service IMHO.
08-04-2018, 08:22 AM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Precision out of parts for K-1 to K-1mkII shipment second week of August 2018

Precision informed me that they are out of boards and should receive some the second week of August 2018.

Camera was in Enfield on the morning of Tuesday 31 July.

RONC
08-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Precision out of parts for K-1 to K-1mkII shipment on 20 August 2018

Shipment now 20 Aug 2018.

Very disappointing that they don't plan ahead.

RONC