Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2018, 03:14 PM   #121

Is it possible for me in Chicago to send it to Sun camera in Canada to get it upgraded?

09-05-2018, 04:47 PM   #122
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by funkythiru Quote
Any news on the backlog @ Precision?
QuoteOriginally posted by KA5TXL Quote
Nope, I have called three times since last Wednesday, the woman I spoke with then and this morning said she didn't know and would find out and get back in touch with me. But she also took vacation days last Thursday thru yesterday and didn't have an answer yet on mine. They have had it since 8/9, the person I spoke with on Friday afternoon said she would follow up and have the 1st contact me so IDK
And the website says not to send in currently, but to go ahead and submit the upgrade order. So it looks like you can get your place in line without sending the camera in.
09-05-2018, 07:43 PM   #123

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
And the website says not to send in currently, but to go ahead and submit the upgrade order. So it looks like you can get your place in line without sending the camera in.
If your referring to the us ricoh pentax web page they have never updated that information. at least 1 member's camera was received by Precision on July 31st and he had it back by August 28th, They received mine on Aug 9th, then it was on hold for "parts" and then listed as in service on the 16th
09-05-2018, 07:46 PM   #124
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is it possible for me in Chicago to send it to Sun camera in Canada to get it upgraded?
https://ricoh-imaging.ca/en/support/K-1_Upgrade_Svc_Sun_Camera_Form_RICA_Eng_Fre.pdf

It says sold in Canada. You could call them to see.

09-05-2018, 08:02 PM   #125

Anybody out there who dealt with Sun camera?
09-05-2018, 10:49 PM   #126
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Anybody out there who dealt with Sun camera?
I just got the update done a week ago. It took two weeks including shipping both ways to the west coast. They did a tidy job.
09-06-2018, 04:01 AM   #127
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If your referring to the us ricoh pentax web page they have never updated that information. at least 1 member's camera was received by Precision on July 31st and he had it back by August 28th, They received mine on Aug 9th, then it was on hold for "parts" and then listed as in service on the 16th
Precision in Connecticut.

http://www.precisioncamera.com/ricoh/

As of writing this post, here is the text - believe same we've seen for awhile:

"NOTICE of Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service:

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest of the Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service.

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming response to the K-1 Upgrade service we are regularly exceeding our parts allotments. Therefore, in order to comply with the estimated 7-10 business day turnaround time, we ask that you do not send in your cameras at this time. Please continue to fill in the upgrade request form and await further communication from Precision Camera before you ship any product. Please Note: All Upgrade requests will be handled in the order they are received.

We thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us."

When you sent yours in, had you filled in the online request and then waited until being notified to send it in or was it at a point where you could fill it in and send it right away?

I have my K3 II, so it it takes a bit, it's not the end of the world. Might not be comfortable without my K-1 in reach, but life will go on.

09-06-2018, 04:29 PM   #128

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Precision in Connecticut.

Ricoh Imaging Americas Corporation - Service & Repair

As of writing this post, here is the text - believe same we've seen for awhile:

"NOTICE of Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service:

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest of the Pentax K-1 Upgrade Service.

Unfortunately, due to the overwhelming response to the K-1 Upgrade service we are regularly exceeding our parts allotments. Therefore, in order to comply with the estimated 7-10 business day turnaround time, we ask that you do not send in your cameras at this time. Please continue to fill in the upgrade request form and await further communication from Precision Camera before you ship any product. Please Note: All Upgrade requests will be handled in the order they are received.

We thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us."

When you sent yours in, had you filled in the online request and then waited until being notified to send it in or was it at a point where you could fill it in and send it right away?

I have my K3 II, so it it takes a bit, it's not the end of the world. Might not be comfortable without my K-1 in reach, but life will go on.
It was at a point where I could go ahead and send it in (as the email from them indicated) , they received it on the 9th, and then it was listed until the 16th as "on hold for parts" for a couple of days but since the 16th it has been listed as "in repair". 3 phone calls and 1 email have yielded no answers.
09-06-2018, 06:05 PM   #129
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It was at a point where I could go ahead and send it in (as the email from them indicated) , they received it on the 9th, and then it was listed until the 16th as "on hold for parts" for a couple of days but since the 16th it has been listed as "in repair". 3 phone calls and 1 email have yielded no answers.
Thanks
09-06-2018, 07:10 PM   #130

3 phone calls and 1 email have yielded no answers.
The Cameraville guy says to press "1" and an operator will answer and always was able to give him somewhat detailed up to date information on the status of his repair (not upgrade - waited for parts 3 weeks as I recall).
09-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #131

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
I just got the update done a week ago. It took two weeks including shipping both ways to the west coast. They did a tidy job.
Thanks . I'll give them a bell and see.
09-08-2018, 04:29 PM   #132

It's coming home

Well, precision called me Friday afternoon and it was on it's way back home I should have it by Monday afternoon. To quote that famous philosopher Homer Simpson "Woo Hoo!"
09-10-2018, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #133
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have been sufficiently impressed with the upgrade on my first K-1 that today I have sent in my Silver Limited Edition for the same treatment.
09-10-2018, 05:31 AM - 1 Like   #134
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I have been sufficiently impressed with the upgrade on my first K-1 that today I have sent in my Silver Limited Edition for the same treatment.
Really nice to hear this Sandy! Thanks for the feedback.
09-12-2018, 09:27 PM   #135
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sent my K-1 to Precision on Aug 17 after talking with them on the phone. They mentioned nothing about parts or delays. Just got it back today (Sept 12), and it seems to be in good working order. The noise level at ISO 6400 (indoor people shots, no flash) is as expected for the mk2: better than when it was a K-1mk1, based on a few quick tests.

A pain loading all the settings back in, as it does come back as reset to factory settings. Lots of button pushing, especially with those interesting USER modes.

I'm happy with the upgrade, and for me, it was definitely worth it.