Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
06-07-2018, 05:45 AM - 2 Likes   #46
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For what it's worth, this was from my first set of test shots in near darkness.

CDAF in near darkness, and ZERO noise reduction.

Darkness

06-07-2018, 07:40 AM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty respectable for ISO 25600.
06-07-2018, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Pretty respectable for ISO 25600.
Definitely, even at reduced size (yes, I went on Flickr and checked full size! )

...and a sweet looking dog!
06-07-2018, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #49

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote

Darkness
Pity about all the fur detailed that was "destroyed","baked", or "cooked" out by the accelerator chip. Perhaps that's why the dog looks a little sad.

06-07-2018, 02:25 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Pity about all the fur detailed that was "destroyed","baked", or "cooked" out by the accelerator chip. Perhaps that's why the dog looks a little sad.
Uh... I can see detail around the eye.
The rest of the fur looks more like OoF than "baked" to me... DoF was thin at f/3.2 I reckon.
06-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #51
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Jesus, that's so unusable. Pentax is DOOOMED!!!

LOL

Seriously, for US Precision camera customers, do you know how one might get additional service done with the upgrade? I'm going to ask for a thorough cleaning for my black unit when I send it in, and so far all I see is a text box where I can add instructions. I presume they'll bill me later? Cheers!!
06-07-2018, 08:44 PM - 1 Like   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Uh... I can see detail around the eye.
The rest of the fur looks more like OoF than "baked" to me... DoF was thin at f/3.2 I reckon.
I guess I need the [ sarcasm ] [ /sarcasm] tags after all. I thought the "air" quotes and bit about the sad dog were sufficient.

06-08-2018, 12:50 AM - 1 Like   #53
Veteran Member

I guess I need the [ sarcasm ] [ /sarcasm] tags after all. I thought the "air" quotes and bit about the sad dog were sufficient.
Poe's law...
06-08-2018, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sarcasm is always at least risky and often a bad idea in internet forums. It will/can almost always be interpreted as it appears.
06-08-2018, 02:28 PM   #55
Forum Member

I've received my camera back from Johnson's Photopia in the UK (I'm in Ireland.)
They sent a nice padded box and had it picked up on the 31st. I received it back 7 days later. (within an hour or so of being exactly 7 days turnaround.)
The staff were pleasant and competent etc.., I couldn't hope for better customer service via telephone and e-mail. I have high expectations that the quality of the work was spot-on.
Along with the camera, I received a software CD and a manual.

I haven't had a chance to put my cameras through their paces. (I now have a K-1 Mark II, and a K-1 "Mark II" and I plan on doing some A/B comparisons with them to see just how similarly they perform. (I'll do them for free and share the results for free instead of asking for money because I don't want to be proven wrong... unlike some people. :/ )

I did notice right away that the product tag on the bottom of the camera has the same model number on both of them now. I'm assuming they changed that.
The only visual cues that they aren't identical cameras are the "K-1" vs "K-1 II" and "II" vs "SR" in another spot on the body. (and the aforementioned product ID tag on the bottom.)

I look forward to sharing my test results once I've done the tests. I'm hoping some other folks will do the same.
06-08-2018, 02:35 PM - 3 Likes   #56
Pentaxian

Ya, I think the fur detail was pooched. <sarcasm>.
06-08-2018, 02:39 PM - 1 Like   #57
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Ya, I think the fur detail was pooched. <sarcasm>.
Ok, this one it's so evident it's a word play, even for a non-native speaker - that the tag is superfluous. I think.
06-09-2018, 09:53 PM - 1 Like   #58
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Heebie Quote
(I now have a K-1 Mark II, and a K-1 "Mark II" and I plan on doing some A/B comparisons with them to see just how similarly they perform.
This will be interesting - please keep us posted...
06-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #59
Veteran Member

I think he said it's his last video on the topic.
06-10-2018, 08:53 AM - 2 Likes   #60
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Pentax K1 Mk II SilkyPix + Conclusion - YouTube

I think he said it's his last video on the topic.
...I had to force myself to watch the video after the initial "Whazgoinoooon YouTuuuube!!!" scream...