Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
09-23-2018, 03:03 PM   #151
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
I've done the web side of the upgrade process and am just waiting for parts to come in stock before sending it in.
Have you spoken to Precision? I saw the message on the website but as far as I know that has been there since day one. I did the web order thing and posted mine to them the next day, September 6. I never heard a word from them. But the camera arrived back here on September 18th.

Perhaps they have run out of parts since I sent mine in but I was wondering if you are waiting on an email that is never going to come.

09-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #152
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've wondered the same, but haven't sent mine in yet even though I've submitted their form.
09-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
but haven't sent mine in yet even though I've submitted their form.
I filled out the online form, waited two days for them to contact me and when they did not just sent mine in. Never heard anything from them but got the upgraded camera back in 12 days. If you are waiting for them to contact you, that might not ever happen. Suggest you be proactive and contact them, or just send it in.
09-23-2018, 07:11 PM   #154
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Have you spoken to Precision?
Yes, I called them on 9/18, and they said they were out of parts, but I could send it in or wait to send it in. I may just go ahead and send it in after waiting a week or so.

09-24-2018, 07:10 AM   #155
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I called them on 9/18, and they said they were out of parts
Guess I got lucky then. I was surprised at the fast turn around on mine.
09-25-2018, 07:02 PM   #156
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just completed the web form for the upgrade and received the email confirmation. I had been holding out to see how the process, and the results, worked out for the early upgraders. Most, if not all, seem to have realized improvements in AF and Pixel Shift worthy of the investment.
09-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #157
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I just completed the web form, and paid for the service a few minutes ago. I called Precision in CT to ask whether I should wait, or send the camera in. I was told that they still do not have any parts, and haven't been given a date when they may arrive. The woman (I forgot her name already) emphasized that as long as I had submitted the form with payment before the deadline in a couple of days, that they would contact me to send the camera in when they had the parts. I asked if it was possible for it to be several weeks, and she said unfortunately it could be that long. I live in CT, so the shipping is just a day each way for me. So that's where they stand as of 2PM Fri. 9/28 - George

I had been going back and forth about getting the upgrade, but after reading the comparison review (they published just in the nick of time for those of us on the fence) I decided it would be worth it for me to get the little better AF performance, as well as the hand held PS, and better ISO performance.

10-02-2018, 06:36 PM   #158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When in your card charged after you submit the web form?

Have yet to see any charge since I submitted the order form on 9/3.
10-02-2018, 07:20 PM   #159

QuoteOriginally posted by dhodgeh Quote
When in your card charged after you submit the web form?

Have yet to see any charge since I submitted the order form on 9/3.
I submitted mine on the 22nd no charges yet.
10-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #160
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I submitted my form on the 30th and got my web number via email the next day.

I called today and was told I was in the queue and they had ordered the parts, but they weren’t in yet and I should just hang on.

The representative sounded like I was not the only impatient K1 owner...

-Eric
10-17-2018, 07:05 PM - 2 Likes   #161
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Would be very interested in your thoughts after this. Air shows too, but this is more timely given the end of the upgrade period. Still haven't sent mine in, and leaning more and more that direction. I'm sensing that perhaps the biggest day to day improvement is AF related with better low light performance almost as more of an added bonus for those specific situations.
So far I have been happy with the performance of my upgrade, I haven't been able to do the quantity or quality that I would have like to during the airshows here in North Texas as mother nature has been a real mother this last few weeks. It's going to take a lot of PS and LR to try and salvage grey planes against a grey sky

here are a couple of ones from last weekend, the first one there are two types of aviation photographer cool. 1) "I'm an aviation photographer cool" and then there is this 2nd type "I'm standing out in the pouring rain for 10 minutes to get the photo of a static airplane that I want aviation photographer cool"
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
10-17-2018, 07:40 PM   #162
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KA5TXL Quote
So far I have been happy with the performance of my upgrade
Thanks for the update! I filled out the "paperwork" before the deadline, but held on to the camera while waiting for Precision to get the parts in. They way fall colors are rushing in, I'm OK holding on to it a bit longer before sending it in.
11-02-2018, 09:13 AM   #163
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just spoke with the folks at Precision... parts have been ordered and are due in this month... no idea which end of the month, but this month.

-Eric
11-03-2018, 03:08 PM   #164
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you for the update TwoUptons. I was going to call yesterday, but wasn't able to before they closed. I'm glad I didn't send my camera in a month ago when I filled out the paperwork. I hope that Pentax and Precision will follow through, and honor all of the upgrades that haven't been done yet..........
11-05-2018, 05:52 AM   #165
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
In Canada, I talked with Sun cameras and they have not received more parts yet. The deadline has not been decided for the moment.