Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 61 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #166
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
As you may know the UK service agent who were carrying out the upgrade has gone into administration leaving UK owners with no way forward. I was in the queue waiting for parts to become available before sending in my camera. Once I discovered that Johnson Photopia had gone bust I tried to get some info from the Ricoh Pentax UK online query with no luck at all. It felt like a badly trained AI bot that could only keep repeating "contact the administrators", a complete waste of time. No indication of how they will handle service in the UK or perhaps direct us to other European service centres was offered. Not even the usual platitudes saying "we are working on a solution so watch this space", the last reply was "we know nothing". Poor show, as we understated Brits would say. Apologies for venting.

11-09-2018, 01:42 PM   #167
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got off the phone w/ Precision, and I was told that they are expecting parts some time in December...............
11-09-2018, 03:23 PM   #168

QuoteOriginally posted by gsrokmix Quote
Just got off the phone w/ Precision, and I was told that they are expecting parts some time in December...............
Wow really? Thanks for finding out.
12-01-2018, 10:07 AM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I called again yesterday and got the same answer.

Parts due early December, and if you’re in line, you’re in line...

So I may be using the K-01 for Christmas photos

-Eric

12-02-2018, 02:27 AM   #170
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TwoUptons Quote
I called again yesterday and got the same answer.

Parts due early December, and if you’re in line, you’re in line...

So I may be using the K-01 for Christmas photos

-Eric
the Pentax k-01 is still a good camera,

the camera is crying for an update
12-04-2018, 12:27 PM   #171

Any news, guys? Left them a voice message.
12-04-2018, 03:18 PM   #172

Photos: Gallery
Update on the Canadian side of things and Sun Camera Service, I emailed them today and got a reply within a few hours:

QuoteQuote:
I'm sorry but the parts are still not here. Latest we heard was mid December.

Thank you for your patience,

12-05-2018, 10:25 AM   #173

Called today. Guess what? you'd never guess in a million years. Another delay till January. The lady said there are some cameras already there waiting but doesn't know how many, nor does she know how many upgrades have been signed up for. When the queue starts moving I think it'll move right into March. Wonder how Sun cameras is doing.
12-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #174

I don't get this company. Just called them and they do have parts but only for the cameras that are there??!! So I asked if mine should be sent in but no, we are still not to send it till contacted.

Called Sun as well, they are expecting parts on the 15th.

Last edited by funkythiru; 12-10-2018 at 11:31 AM.
12-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #175
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by funkythiru Quote
I don't get this company. Just called them and they do have parts but only for the cameras that are there??!! So I asked if mine should be sent in but no, we are still not to send it till contacted.

Called Sun as well, they are expecting parts on the 15th.
They only receive the parts in batches as Pentax is allocating them to the various countries. It is frustrating for the owners waiting for the upgrade but, for whatever reason, they are not able to supply large quantities at a time. It must also be frustrating for Pentax and their repair facilities. They did not plan on the demand and are not doing a good job of catching up but it is plain that there is something about the part(s) which prevents quickly manufacturing a sufficient quantity. I sent my silver K-1 in in June but they already did not have enough parts so I had them return it. Never did have it upgraded.
12-11-2018, 05:11 PM   #176

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
They only receive the parts in batches as Pentax is allocating them to the various countries. It is frustrating for the owners waiting for the upgrade but, for whatever reason, they are not able to supply large quantities at a time. It must also be frustrating for Pentax and their repair facilities. They did not plan on the demand and are not doing a good job of catching up but it is plain that there is something about the part(s) which prevents quickly manufacturing a sufficient quantity. I sent my silver K-1 in in June but they already did not have enough parts so I had them return it. Never did have it upgraded.
Are you sending it back again?
12-11-2018, 05:55 PM   #177
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by funkythiru Quote
Are you sending it back again?
Too late for that.
12-11-2018, 06:00 PM   #178

That's right you sold it. I'll be sending mine in soon.
12-11-2018, 06:29 PM   #179
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is too late because the upgrade program ended at the end of September.
12-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #180

Sun camera might, give them a ring and see. ( But I thought you sold your silver K-1 and the black K-1 and gotten a K-1 ii you are always in constant flux)