Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2019, 06:56 PM   #196

On 9/22/2018 you created Web Order Number W******* in our systems to reserve a spot for a Pentax K-1 Mark II Upgrade. We now have about 50 kits available and would like to work with you to schedule your upgrade. If you are still interested in having the upgrade performed, please let us know and we’ll forward the Ricoh Terms & Conditions document to you and provide information to send your Pentax K-1 in for the upgrade. The upgrade price of $550 remains the same.

The K-1 Mark II Upgrade adds the following advanced functions:

· Main improvement of performance: Improve high sensitivity by accelerator unit. The combination of PRIME IV and the RICOH developed Accelerator Unit drastically reduces noise, allowing for high sensitivity up to ISO819,200.

· Improve Auto Focus performance: K-1 Mark II has a latest algorithm that realizes high speed up for Auto focus. Furthermore, even in situations where the color of the model and the background are the similar, the movement of the subject is accurately captured.
· Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution: The K-1 Mark II has a Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution. This technology is a revolutionary technology which comes from reverse thinking to utilize the minute camera shake itself to produce the composite images.
o Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution can be effectively used during low light situations even without tripod.

o When you can use a Dynamic Pixel Shift Resolution, please don’t use tripod.

· Appearance:

o Change the mark on front lower right from [SR] to [II]

o Change the certification seal on bottom side from [PENTAX K-1] to [PENTAX K-1 Mark II].

If you are no longer interested in having the upgrade performed, please let us know and we’ll remove you from our contact list.

Thank you,

Precision Camera
7 Anngina Drive, Enfield, CT 06082
Phone: 860-272-2100
Email: info@precisioncamera.com

Last edited by funkythiru; 02-28-2019 at 09:03 PM.
02-28-2019, 09:52 PM   #197
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I too recieved this email today. Additional emails were prompt and they have now entered my tracking number in their system. The emails were personal and responsive. My contact there let me know he would contact me as soon as they receive the camera.
03-04-2019, 11:49 AM   #198
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I also received notice last week. I just sent my K1 in today for the upgrade.
03-07-2019, 03:44 PM   #199
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I would've go0tten my camera back this past Monday, but missed the UPS guy (had to sign) so it arrived Tuesday. They basically had the camera for exactly 1 week. It was very well packed, double boxed with a ton of bubble wrap. They said they did a complete cleaning in & out, which I couldn't tell because the body was like new anyway. It did have the logo replaced. It also came back to me with a software disc.

I won't have a chance to play with the camera till the weekend, but assuming everything is OK I am happy with PC's service. i am however, like many others, very disappointed that it took 6 months to get the upgrade completed, and there was absolutely no communication to me from anyone during that time. Obviously the response was greater than Pentax expected, and they fell on their face getting the parts to the repair shops..........

03-08-2019, 11:22 AM   #200
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sigh of relief...... USPS can be frustrating at times.

Sent my K1 in on Monday, via priority mail, with expected delivery on Wednesday. Was just delivered to Precision today.

Hopefully I will get it back before the end of the month.
03-12-2019, 06:55 AM   #201
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That was fast. Just got notification that my upgraded camera is out for delivery - did not receive an initial ship notification.....

No one at home today to sign for the package. Getting my hands on the camera tomorrow is still sooner than I would have expected.
03-12-2019, 07:35 AM   #202

I shipped mine off yesterday. The waiting game is afoot.

03-13-2019, 06:24 PM - 1 Like   #203
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I shipped my K-1 to PC via USPS insured. I had it back three days later and it's working great. They were very fast and someone at PC named Dave was very helpful, communicating with me through the entire process.
03-14-2019, 10:07 AM   #204

Hi Ganesh,
Your upgrade is with a tech now, the repair number is ********. Barring any unforeseen problems, it should be completed and shipped today.
Thanks,
Dave

Wow, thats fast... fingers crossed and wood knocked...

They gave me a tracking number

Last edited by funkythiru; 03-14-2019 at 06:10 PM. Reason: update
03-15-2019, 01:32 PM   #205
Site Supporter

Sorry, but coming in late in this discussion. I have tried to call PC, but kept getting dumped to voicemail.

My question is simple, as a K-1 owner, if I did not register for the upgrade on or before 9/30/18, am I still eligible.....or has the door closed?

TIA......R
03-15-2019, 02:21 PM   #206
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The door is officially closed although some people have wondered if there might be an opening once all the signed up owners have been serviced and if there are left over parts. But officially you are out of luck.
03-15-2019, 05:25 PM   #207

QuoteOriginally posted by Rich M Quote
Sorry, but coming in late in this discussion. I have tried to call PC, but kept getting dumped to voicemail.

My question is simple, as a K-1 owner, if I did not register for the upgrade on or before 9/30/18, am I still eligible.....or has the door closed?

TIA......R
When I spoke to Sun cameras in Toronto they said they could do it, but this was back in Dec. Give them a bell and see.
03-15-2019, 07:28 PM   #208
Site Supporter

Thanks to both.....appreciate it.
03-16-2019, 12:43 PM   #209

UPS usually has trouble delivering to me since my name is not in the apartment notification system and on one occasion I saw them chucking a lens from adorama on to the patio, not waiting for me to sign it, and the driver dash off. So I thought I'll just have them hold my camera for pick up on Monday since that's what the tracking update said . But 2-day air means 1-day and the camera is here, well Northbrook since 6 am but alas customer pick up opens on Monday at 830 am. I tried to have someone from UPS to open facility or put it back on delivery but no dice. Thanks for listening.
03-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #210

I went and picked up the camera. It was packaged well and appearance wise it looks good but the grip creak is back though.

Last edited by funkythiru; 03-19-2019 at 02:44 PM. Reason: spelling