Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #1

Pentax fix for K-5 sticky exposure override button

After not using my K-5 for some time I discovered the same issue some others have had - the exposure override button sticks down. Ages ago, I once tried dabbing some warm water on the top and it seemed to help, but it did not cure it. Today I discovered how easy it is to fix properly.

I bought a set of precision screwdrivers and got the top of really easily - once I discovered where the screw is on the front right of the camera - you need to carefully peel the fake leather away under where the K-5 logo is. The screw head is revealed. You do not need to remove the fake leather though - just peel it back.

The other 'hidden' screw is accessed inside the battery compartment. Two are in the flash area once the flash is popped open. Two others are visible once the eyepiece is removed. The others can be seen easily anyway. They are not all the same screw so note which is which.

I then wiggled the top off and used a cotton bud soaked in WD40 to dab the underneath of the button. After a few dabs and pushes of the button I pushed the top back on and screwed it all up. It's a really easy job and takes about ten minutes.

Hope this helps

06-10-2018, 02:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice job. Hope it lasts a while.