Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2018, 02:15 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K1 faulty back screen ?

Hi all,

Today, for the first time, I've had a problem with my K1 back screen.

I switched lens to the Tamron Macro 90mm and after power the camera on the back display was not working. I had a black screen with no info, and when I tried to see my SD cards pictures by pressing the "play" button nothing happened either.
I switch lens, removed battery but to no avail, the screen stayed black.

I was with my daughter on a trip to take macro shots of flowers using a flash. I had to shoot without any info from the back screen, no review of pics taken etc. that was fun
When back home I switched the Tamron lens for the Pentax 24-70mm and oh surprise the back screen worked instantly.

Im a bit worried abut this incident, did you guys experienced this ?
What would you recommend testing ?
Im going on vacation in 10 days and I've got a 2 weeks tour coming up in july 20th. I will have my K3 as backup but Im worried the K1 might stop working.

06-24-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Was the lock function activated on accident, perhaps? If you re-mount the 90mm, does the screen stay off?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-24-2018, 02:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Was the lock function activated on accident, perhaps? If you re-mount the 90mm, does the screen stay off?

Good idea on the lock function, I have no idea will have to check.
After the 24-70mm mount i tried all my lenses including the tamron and everything was correct.
Thanks for your help Adam.

EDIT : I've checked and I dont think it was the lock function that was causing the issue.

Last edited by DimC; 06-25-2018 at 12:46 AM.
06-25-2018, 06:56 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you cleaned the contacts?

06-25-2018, 11:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Have you cleaned the contacts?
Thanks Mike for the advice.

I've cleaned the contact on all my lens prior to a photo session yesterday and so far this issue didnt surface again. I was using my Tamron lens during all session.
I dont kn ow what happened, it's strange and Im scared this issue might happend once again when Im actually doing a paid photo shoot.
Crossing fingers, Ill report back anyway.