Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
06-29-2018, 09:20 PM   #1

Sensor Cleaning after Camera Repair

I am sending my Pentax K-1 to Precision Camera for the Upgrade to the Pentax K-1 II.
Will they check to see if the sensor has gotten any dust particles in the process ?
If so will they clean the sensor before returning the camera body ?

06-30-2018, 08:05 AM - 1 Like   #2
Ari
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They will, but stay on them. Call them and ask them to please make sure the ENTIRE body is clean including the sensor after the upgrade. They get a lot of bad press but if you stay on them, they will make sure everything is taken care of. Just call them - take note of the names of the people you speak to and ask for them when you call them. They actually do a good job; they're just slow and not very engaged during the repair process (which is annoying).
06-30-2018, 02:58 PM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ari Quote
They will, but stay on them. Call them and ask them to please make sure the ENTIRE body is clean including the sensor after the upgrade. They get a lot of bad press but if you stay on them, they will make sure everything is taken care of. Just call them - take note of the names of the people you speak to and ask for them when you call them. They actually do a good job; they're just slow and not very engaged during the repair process (which is annoying).
Thanks... I am sending camera back on monday - just trying to cover all the bases...
Have had the camera for 2 years now.. never cleaned the sensor ( Never had the lens off since I only have one lens at the moment - the 24- 70 mm pentax zoom
06-30-2018, 09:39 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tjwengineering Quote
I am sending my Pentax K-1 to Precision Camera for the Upgrade to the Pentax K-1 II.
Will they check to see if the sensor has gotten any dust particles in the process ?
If so will they clean the sensor before returning the camera body ?
Ask them to do it on the service order.