Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
Forum Member

Where to obtain Cosinon/Porst 55mm rear flange?

My Porst's rear flange is broken (thanks to me) and I need another flange. Scouring online (including german classifieds), nothing short of buying another lens would seem to render the part I need. I was looking at some Porst/Cosinon 50mm f/2 but the rear is not exactly the same, I think it might need some lathe or mill work (not my handy dremel) for it to work. What do you guys think? TIA

Last edited by funkythiru; 07-12-2018 at 03:33 PM.
07-12-2018, 12:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Find one in ugly condition with a good rear flange...
07-12-2018, 01:46 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Find one in ugly condition with a good rear flange...
I'm trying, Porst 55mm eBay Kleinanzeigen, in all of Germany nothing. I don't know if I should try the eastern bloc next.
07-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Which 55mm is it, the f1.2?

Your best chance of finding one is Germany, since that's where they've been mainly distributed through German retailers.

07-12-2018, 03:28 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by antipattern Quote
Which 55mm is it, the f1.2?

Your best chance of finding one is Germany, since that's where they've been mainly distributed through German retailers.
I have contacted some people over there, but nothing has worked out.
07-12-2018, 04:57 PM   #6
amateur dirt farmer...
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would also be contacting camera/lens repair businesses, since what you are looking for is either a damaged lens or parts...
07-12-2018, 07:15 PM - 1 Like   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I would also be contacting camera/lens repair businesses, since what you are looking for is either a damaged lens or parts...
Ok I will do that, You know PF, all this started after me dipping the flange in oven cleaner. Should've just gotten the copper tape from you.
07-12-2018, 07:17 PM - 1 Like   #8
amateur dirt farmer...
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by funkythiru Quote
Ok I will do that, You know PF, all this started after me dipping the flange in oven cleaner. Should've just gotten the copper tape from you.
when you get the mount replaced, lemme know and I'll mail a strip of that tape....

07-13-2018, 04:06 PM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
Does anybody know how to contact DCShooter? Tried contacting him on Ebay, no reply.
07-14-2018, 06:08 AM   #10

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by funkythiru Quote
dipping the flange in oven cleaner
Out of curiosity, what happened? I'd be intrigued to see some photos, too.

I'm currently based in Germany, if you need someone to forward a lens like that, let me know.

I wonder whether one could modify a flanged Pentax K-M42 adapter instead? That might be a cheaper alternative and would provide you with the fight surface to shorten the contacts, too...

---------- Post added Jul 14th, 2018 at 06:23 ----------

There's a fungus-ridden copy available on Ebay Germany, but the price is still quite steep.
Porst Color Reflex MC Auto - 1:1,2 - 55mm - F - Objektiv - Pilzbefall | eBay

I could potentially clean it, and I wonder whether I could build a custom rear flange based on it.
07-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by antipattern Quote
Out of curiosity, what happened? I'd be intrigued to see some photos, too.

I'm currently based in Germany, if you need someone to forward a lens like that, let me know.

I wonder whether one could modify a flanged Pentax K-M42 adapter instead? That might be a cheaper alternative and would provide you with the fight surface to shorten the contacts, too...

---------- Post added Jul 14th, 2018 at 06:23 ----------

There's a fungus-ridden copy available on Ebay Germany, but the price is still quite steep.
Porst Color Reflex MC Auto - 1:1,2 - 55mm - F - Objektiv - Pilzbefall | eBay

I could potentially clean it, and I wonder whether I could build a custom rear flange based on it.
Objektiv für Canon EF 55mm f1.2 Vollformat in Niedersachsen - Ganderkesee | Digitalkamera & Zubehör gebraucht kaufen | eBay Kleinanzeigen

I've been in touch with this fellow but he doesn't have paypal. I even signed up to pentaxians.de to see if anyone has any spares, as to what happened to the lens, after NaOH dip the anodisation came of and the metal looked dingy. I tried to buff it with my angle grinder (didn't have a proper buffer at the time) it went flying off to get bent, and my hammer put it out of its misery by breaking the tab.