Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2018, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually, at this point I don't think you need screwdrivers - what I think you need is muscle!! Yank on that front part of the lens and see if you can pull it back into alignment. Good luck.

NOTE: I do speak from some experience - I had an older zoom lens I acquired that was jammed - gave it a sharp yank and Voila - it worked!!

07-27-2018, 12:53 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Phyllis Quote
I moved 25 feet away from the original location which sloped backward. The new area sloped forward so when I set the tripod down, I let go to adjust the leg to compensate for the change in the degree of slope and over it went. It just seemed easier to adjust the leg rather than rotate the camera. Lesson learned.
Yep, If the slope was the same or close merely rotating the tripod around with the shorter leg or legs facing up the hill then loosen the mount and rotate the camera around.
07-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Too bad about the lens.
How did the camera body take it ?
Had to been a heck of a jolt to the internals.

Clarence
07-29-2018, 11:29 AM   #19

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rogerstg Quote
Try less gently
Maybe try tapping in the other side to un-jam it.. After all, it's toast anyway so what have you got to lose?
Nothing to lose. I’ll try more force. Thanks

---------- Post added 07-29-18 at 11:31 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
You need a set of JIS drivers, not Philips. JIS drivers are less likely the strip the heads on the screws.
Oh ok, not in my tool box currently but I’ll see if another friend has a set. Thank you

---------- Post added 07-29-18 at 11:37 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by c.perkins Quote
Too bad about the lens.
How did the camera body take it ?
Had to been a heck of a jolt to the internals.

Clarence
As far as I can tell, the internal parts are working very well. Pic taken with other lenses are looking normal.

Last edited by Phyllis; 07-29-2018 at 11:35 AM.
07-29-2018, 11:46 AM   #20
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

if you are willing to get an " experienced " lens

be sure to check out what the forum's market place " buy/sell " might have to offer

I have had good luck in dealing with the members who offer items for sale

you can filter the threads to limit what you are looking at - in the US or else where