Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2018, 01:22 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K-1ii Upgrade and AF Fine Adjustment

Has anyone who has done the upgrade checked to see if the AF Fine adjustment for their lenses has changed?

Thanks.

08-01-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kthornsberry Quote
Has anyone who has done the upgrade checked to see if the AF Fine adjustment for their lenses has changed?

Thanks.
As the upgrade is a new main board, you'd be receiving back an (effectively) new camera. Any pre-sets / settings modifications will be gone.
08-01-2018, 02:03 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would expect any previously-stored adjustments to be gone...

That said, the physical position of the phase detect AF sensor shouldn't have changed, so if you've noted down the relevant AF fine adjustments for each of your lenses, I think there's a good chance that they'll still work. If it were me, I'd start with those original adjustments and carry out tests to confirm they're still accurate.
08-01-2018, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I would expect any previously-stored adjustments to be gone...

That said, the physical position of the phase detect AF sensor shouldn't have changed, so if you've noted down the relevant AF fine adjustments for each of your lenses, I think there's a good chance that they'll still work. If it were me, I'd start with those original adjustments and carry out tests to confirm they're still accurate.
Thanks, BigMacCam. That's my situation. I have a spreadsheet with the calibrations for all my lens/body calibrations. I'll eventually get them all redone, but I'm just curious if anyone has gone down this road and checked to see if they changed. I'm heading out this weekend and won't have much time to recalibrate before I go.

08-01-2018, 03:19 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Upon upgrade I lost all of the autofocus adjustments and had to re-enter them. Most of the adjustments were spot on when tested after re-entering them so no big deal. BTW, loving the upgrade so far.
08-01-2018, 08:50 PM - 1 Like   #6
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Syntax Quote
Upon upgrade I lost all of the autofocus adjustments and had to re-enter them. Most of the adjustments were spot on when tested after re-entering them so no big deal. BTW, loving the upgrade so far.
That is good to hear! You should list how the camera's behavior has changed and what is the most important change you have found.
08-01-2018, 08:58 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Syntax Quote

Thank you.

08-28-2018, 06:23 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got mine back yesterday, as others all the settings were lost. They CLA'd the body as well as the upgrade. Any of the autofocus adjustments stemming from the body would likely change. I think it did with mine, going to check with the scale today.