Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2018, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I've managed to get someone's attention at Ricoh. I was asked to submit some images which I've done. I'll keep you guys updated as things progress. Thanks for everyone's help!!!
Regards,
Rodney

11-14-2018, 10:49 PM - 1 Like   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I inquired this past week about my problem. The engineer was polite and assured me that they were looking into it. So I'll keep my spirits high and hope for the best! I'll keep this thread going as long as I continue to hear from them.

Regards,
Rodney
12-13-2018, 08:46 PM - 2 Likes   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I received an update...they have recreated my issue with my camera in house. So now I wait for them to figure out what’s wrong...I’ll keep you posted.

12-16-2018, 07:40 PM   #64
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lazarustx Quote
...they have recreated my issue with my camera in house...
That's good news. Recreating intermittent problems can be real hard!

12-31-2018, 09:13 AM - 3 Likes   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone reading this. I'm delighted to say that I've received my camera and I'm no longer seeing the problem! I suppose only time can tell since I didn't have a solid recreate, but they did take/test it with a few thousand shots without any failure. So all is good. Right? Now that its back I can do debug my next gear problem....

Seriously though.. A special thanks to everyone that helped me put together a solid argument for there being a hardware problem.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
12-31-2018, 02:07 PM   #66
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lazarustx Quote
Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone reading this. I'm delighted to say that I've received my camera and I'm no longer seeing the problem! I suppose only time can tell since I didn't have a solid recreate, but they did take/test it with a few thousand shots without any failure. So all is good. Right? Now that its back I can do debug my next gear problem....

Seriously though.. A special thanks to everyone that helped me put together a solid argument for there being a hardware problem.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
That's wonderful

Did they happen to mention what repair work was carried out?

Happy New Year and enjoy your camera
01-20-2019, 01:08 AM - 1 Like   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
That's wonderful

Did they happen to mention what repair work was carried out?

Happy New Year and enjoy your camera

They replaced the controller board. No other details were made available to me.