Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2018, 10:33 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K-70 Battery cover

I am crying ..... just dropped my K-70 as i was replacing the battery, and as it is with Murphys law it landed on the battery cover, and it broke. So my question is: Is it possible to buy a new battery cover for K-70 anywere, without having to to send the whole camera to a repairshop? . I have been able to glue it together, but not quit sure that it gonna last for long.

10-05-2018, 05:05 AM   #2

I don't know what Ricoh's policy is in Europe but in the US it is not to sell parts to the consumer. If this is the case you would have to find a dealer or repair person who can order the part(s) for you.

You can try USCamera.com in the US. They do not currently have parts listed for the K-70 but they take parts requests and can usually get them for you. They ship overseas.
10-05-2018, 10:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I don't know what Ricoh's policy is in Europe but in the US it is not to sell parts to the consumer. If this is the case you would have to find a dealer or repair person who can order the part(s) for you.

You can try USCamera.com in the US. They do not currently have parts listed for the K-70 but they take parts requests and can usually get them for you. They ship overseas.
Thank You for the answer , I will try to contact USCamera.
10-06-2018, 04:49 AM   #4

You may want to check with @As82 as there is a shop in Germany that sells Pentax parts. Being in the EU you shouldn't have to worry about custom duties, tariffs and shipping should be a lot less expensive.

QuoteOriginally posted by As82 Quote
Well, I was able to get that door from a shop in Hamburg - the only one selling Pentax spare parts here in Germany. But if you're based in the US, you might find it easier to find a shop over there. However, I never really fixed the issue and the spare-door is still unused. I was not able to figure out how to replace the door without fully de-mounting the whole camera body - which is something I would rather leave to experts than do it myself.
Note: taking the camera apart so you can change the door may involve de-soldering and soldering. If you're not comfortable with that you should have the service done by someone that is.

10-06-2018, 05:00 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I got my K-70 from frederiksundfoto.dk, they might be able to help you.

Last edited by DrawsACircle; 10-29-2018 at 02:46 PM.
10-29-2018, 12:34 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Send an email to pp@digi-service.eu . They are a Pentax repair shop in Bulgaria that seems to be able to get Pentax parts.
10-30-2018, 09:37 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you all for the answers. I wil try to contact Denmark, Germany and Bulgaria to see if I can get a battery cover In one of those places. I have send a mail to USCamera, but havenít heard from them . De-soldering and soldering should be no problem for me, as I am working as a service technician😉, but maybe there could be a problem taking the camera appart, havenít tried it yet.
08-22-2019, 12:48 PM   #8

Hi Pelto,

I know this is an old thread.

My k-70 has the same problem.
For as long as it will last the battery door is glued.

I asked the local pentax dealer, a new door costs about 50 euros.

Did you managed to get a new door, and was it difficult to place the new door?

Greetings Ronnie

08-26-2019, 05:48 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ronnievd Quote
Hi Pelto,

I know this is an old thread.

My k-70 has the same problem.
For as long as it will last the battery door is glued.

I asked the local pentax dealer, a new door costs about 50 euros.

Did you managed to get a new door, and was it difficult to place the new door?

Greetings Ronnie
Hi ronnievd,

I'm actually running around with the same solution as you. I've glued it and it works just fine until now.
And for 50 euros I can buy a lot of glue :-)

If you decide to replace yours, I'd really like to hear what it's like to replace it.

Greetings Pelto