Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2018, 08:22 PM   #1
Forum Member

Shutter button has no resistance

I'm not sure what happened but today I started having an issue with the shutter button on my K-3. If I press it down like I normally do there's no resistance and I have to push it much deeper than normal to take the photo. Any ideas what happened?

Any way to fix it myself? I just (within the past month) sent it in to Precision to replace the mode dial which stopped working and now it's out of warranty. Very frustrated. Thanks!

10-06-2018, 09:45 PM   #2

Precision has a 90 day warranty on their repairs. I don't like coincidences and is it a coincidence that the shutter button is on the top plate with the mode dial? Contact Precision, they may have left a spring out or something.
10-07-2018, 06:23 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
That's what I was thinking. It did work for a while but maybe it was only half on or something?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
button, pentax service, repair, resistance, service, shutter, shutter button, warranty