Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-24-2018, 11:34 AM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pentax analog spot meter?

I have this meter which works perfectly but .... the tiny light bulb which illuminatges the internal meter scale doesn't light! Makes reading a shadow area difficult, not to mention general use in dim light. Any idea who could fix this for me? T R Ritter works on these meters, but tells me the bulbs aren't available.

10-24-2018, 11:46 AM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

I wonder if a LED substitute cannot be made up? Surface mount parts are very small. Also an LED would probably last the rest of the meter's life.
10-24-2018, 11:49 AM - 2 Likes   #3

Try George Milton of Quality Light Metric here in Los Angeles. If anybody has the bulb/parts it's going to be him.

Old school - no website - no email (that I know of). All the film studios, pros and local camera repair shops use him to repair their meters.

(323) 467-2265
10-26-2021, 11:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I hope to revive this dead thread:

I have the same problem with my recent acquired spotmeter, the light is malfunctioning, though the light bulb works fine, I have tested it. Still, I'm wondering if there are specifications of this bulb?And possible replacements?

10-26-2021, 01:17 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Reciprocity Quote
I hope to revive this dead thread:

I have the same problem with my recent acquired spotmeter, the light is malfunctioning, though the light bulb works fine, I have tested it. Still, I'm wondering if there are specifications of this bulb?And possible replacements?
Try George Milton of Quality Light Metric here in Los Angeles. If anybody has the bulb/parts it's going to be him.

Old school - no website - no email (that I know of). All the film studios, pros and local camera repair shops use him to repair their meters.
10-26-2021, 01:45 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote

The trouble is that I'm in Belgium. I could ask about spare parts, but repair would be a bit difficult I"m afraid.

---------- Post added 10-26-21 at 01:51 PM ----------

By the way, may I ask, was it a problem with the light bulb or was it the circuit? Because I have the impression that is perhaps the contact, or something in the circuit, or maybe both.
And of course, I started trying to fix it, and in hindsight that wasn't a very good move probably.

---------- Post added 10-26-21 at 02:03 PM ----------

And the light bulb is subminiature that is for sure, smaller than E5 midget bulbs, but it seems that these kind with a screw thread base are no longer produced.
But for the rest, I don't seem to find any info about it nor a replacement in another version like bayonet or something.