Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2018, 10:14 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Refer to my pic above you can see enough of the iris to get the orientation of the blades.

I think the studs on the blades should protrude both sides (check them, if any are broken/absent you're in trouble), they engage in the slots and in the holes in the loose housing. Re-lay the blades in the end of the lens body (your last pic) the housing goes on top (the face I can see of mine is black, but it looks like a symmetrical piece) then screw in the retaining ring, tightening with your lens spanner (two slots).
BTW the ball bearing is in line with the centre red line of the depth of field markings. It's easy for this to flop out of position then when you screw it all back together it jams.

11-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
Refer to my pic above you can see enough of the iris to get the orientation of the blades.

I think the studs on the blades should protrude both sides (check them, if any are broken/absent you're in trouble), they engage in the slots and in the holes in the loose housing. Re-lay the blades in the end of the lens body (your last pic) the housing goes on top (the face I can see of mine is black, but it looks like a symmetrical piece) then screw in the retaining ring, tightening with your lens spanner (two slots).
BTW the ball bearing is in line with the centre red line of the depth of field markings. It's easy for this to flop out of position then when you screw it all back together it jams.
I don't think there WAS a ball bearing in there when I opened it. Perhaps that is the reason it jammed. Maybe I'll forgo the blades and just use it open.

---------- Post added 11-17-18 at 10:54 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jawats Quote
I don't think there WAS a ball bearing in there when I opened it. Perhaps that is the reason it jammed. Maybe I'll forgo the blades and just use it open.
Strike that. I found a tiny screw with a plastic collar. I think that's it.
11-17-2018, 11:33 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The ball bearing sits atop a wee hole with a wee spring in it. if the ball bearing is missing then the spring can catch in the click detents in the ring with the f numbers on.