Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #1
Forum Member

k-30 moving sensor --stabilsation problem?

I wonderif you can help. My K-30 sensor shakes all the time. Its worse in live view andwhen it is autofocusing, there only was I can describe it in words is like aintension tremor -- it is worse when you try to do things. I can still takephotographs but the number of keepers is very low. I have attached a view ofscreen in live view and view of sensor. There are no decent camera repair shopsnear by -- all send camera away, so I thought I would do some initial troubleshooting with fellow Pentax users.

What Iwas hoping to find to was if this is a common fault and if it relatively easy/ inexpensiveto fix. If the consensus is that it is a big/expensive job I will probably justupgrade as I feel I am ready for a better camera.

Attached Files
File Type: mpeg me.mpeg (1.09 MB, 33 views)
File Type: mpeg me2.mpeg (1,008.0 KB, 38 views)
12-13-2018, 02:49 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
trouble I fear, It seems like a problem with control electronics or drive servo. It's looks like it's hunting ie. can't find it's resting or neutral position, could be as simple as a detached wire or as complex as a faulty microcontroller, perhaps someone here has had a similar problem or similar symptoms and may be able to offer advice but the same symptoms doesn't necessarily mean the same fault or repair procedure. Unfortunately I think you will have to spend some money to find out.