Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2019, 08:32 PM   #1

Asahi Takumar 1:2.5/135 Dissasembly

I found this Lens Dissasembly Database, but the 135mm f/2.5 lens doesn’t have anything.
Pentax Lens Disassembly Database - PentaxForums.com

Does anyone know how to disassemble this lens?

I am in the process, but this is my first lens tear down and I’m running the risk of learning something unexpectedly.

If no one knows of a tear down guide, then maybe this thread will become such as I share what I’ve done and others answer my questions when I’m stuck.

Thank you in advance!

01-24-2019, 08:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The barrel in front of the focus grip unscrews on all of the models - Super-Tak, S-M-C Tak or Takumar Bayonet. That splits the lens just in front of the aperture blades, so it is easy to access the front side of the blades. The Bayonet version has a couple of elements in front. A thin ring with spanner slots holds in the front element and you can unscrew this ring via the filter threads. That should allow you access to all the front stuff. The rear has a tube with the other two elements, also with spanner slots. Look into using something that dissolves threadlocker, often found on these lenses. I've never taken apart any of the other models, just checked to see if the barrel unscrews.
01-30-2019, 05:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
what exactly is the reason why?