Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2019, 04:33 PM   #1

H1a Exposure Counter

Hi everyone,

I recently took apart my Pentax H1a’s (S1a) exposure counter because it wasn’t counting correctly, and I made the beginner mistake of forgetting where some of the parts go. Does anyone have any diagrams or knowledge on how to properly assemble the exposure counter on the camera?

06-09-2019, 04:59 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi there, and welcome to Pentax Forums.

Oops! Even after a fair amount of experience in repairing cameras and lenses, I still make goofs by not documenting my steps sufficiently, or dropping a tiny screw.

I'm not familiar with the S1a or H1a specifically. However, I think that the later Pentax SV shares a number of mechanisms.

You may find parts diagrams and parts list for the SV at: http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manuals/service/sv_repair.pdf

Page 4 shows the frame counter assembly.

The S3 service manual at the same site might also be useful.

If you need to enter a password, it's "Pentax" (upper case P).

Good luck. Please let us know how you get along with the re-assembly!

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 06-09-2019 at 05:09 PM. Reason: add S3 comment
06-10-2019, 09:57 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Hi there, and welcome to Pentax Forums.

Oops! Even after a fair amount of experience in repairing cameras and lenses, I still make goofs by not documenting my steps sufficiently, or dropping a tiny screw.

I'm not familiar with the S1a or H1a specifically. However, I think that the later Pentax SV shares a number of mechanisms.

You may find parts diagrams and parts list for the SV at: http://www.pentax-manuals.com/manuals/service/sv_repair.pdf

Page 4 shows the frame counter assembly.

The S3 service manual at the same site might also be useful.

If you need to enter a password, it's "Pentax" (upper case P).

Good luck. Please let us know how you get along with the re-assembly!

- Craig
Thanks Craig, I’ll check it out!