Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2019, 03:54 AM - 6 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Fabulous service from Precision Camera

I sent in my K-70 which was covered under a Pentax extended warranty that I purchased.

They did the firmware upgrade and cleaning in addition to the repair in one day and shipped it out the next day!

I was away from my house when UPS tried to deliver it so I got online with UPS and changed the date for the next attempt. However, UPS dropped the ball and returned it to Precision! I called UPS and they totally admitted it was their mistake.

I called up Precision to confirm they received the camera back. While I was on the phone they confirmed they had it. They said that they would try to get it back out that day, which they did.

Kudos to Precision, awesome service.

07-02-2019, 05:20 AM   #2
amateur dirt farmer / mod
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nice to read good news about Precision...
07-02-2019, 10:47 AM - 1 Like   #3

Photos: Gallery
I'm glad to hear it, I really wish for a good Pentax support center.
My experience with Precision is ambivalent: years ago they repaired a body, a lens and did a CLA on another lens on short turnarounds. Last year however it took them 4 months to do a prepaid upgrade of K1 to K1 Mark II, after they quoted me an additional work item for replacing corroded parts near the bottom plate, with which I agreed. Only after I ping-ed Ricoh to expedite the replacement parts shipment, and waited through another round trip to Precision due to infamous broken mode dial, did I finally get my K1 Mark II. Which, to their credit, works splendidly and is a worthy upgrade. And, by the way, Precision waived the additional repairs cost. Best wishes to them, after all.
07-02-2019, 12:23 PM   #4
dlh
F.O.G. (fat old geezer)
Loyal Site Supporter

I've observed that they have delays when they need to get approval from Ricoh for warranty stuff, and they get delays in parts shipments where specific parts need to be individually ordered, also caused by Ricoh. When they've got what they need to do the job, they do great work with prompt turnaround.

07-02-2019, 05:11 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They turned around my Q-S1 last December the same day they received it. My K-1 upgrade was turned around in about 24 hours as well (waited until parts were stocked). I've had some lenses sent back to Japan, but I'm pretty happy with that. I'd much rather they holler uncle and send it to Pentax in Japan instead of attempting something beyond their skills and equipment.
07-04-2019, 07:15 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mirocal Quote
I'm glad to hear it, I really wish for a good Pentax support center.
My experience with Precision is ambivalent: years ago they repaired a body, a lens and did a CLA on another lens on short turnarounds. Last year however it took them 4 months to do a prepaid upgrade of K1 to K1 Mark II, after they quoted me an additional work item for replacing corroded parts near the bottom plate, with which I agreed. Only after I ping-ed Ricoh to expedite the replacement parts shipment, and waited through another round trip to Precision due to infamous broken mode dial, did I finally get my K1 Mark II. Which, to their credit, works splendidly and is a worthy upgrade. And, by the way, Precision waived the additional repairs cost. Best wishes to them, after all.
How did you ping Ricoh? My lens has been with Precision for a month and they are still waiting on parts for a current (28-105) lens. Feels like it's never coming back

07-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by paolojackson Quote
How did you ping Ricoh? My lens has been with Precision for a month and they are still waiting on parts for a current (28-105) lens. Feels like it's never coming back
From Ricoh Imaging US site (Contact Ricoh Imaging - Ricoh) and I gave them the Precision Camera repair #. They replied a couple of days later and promised to look into it.