Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2019, 02:13 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax K-1 screws... where to get them?

I've been trying unsuccessfully to contact anyone over at US Camera but they don't seem to be responding to emails.

I'm looking for screws for a Pentax K-1. See attached image. The screws I'm looking for are JIS and are circled in red.

Anyone know where these can be sourced from?

Attached Images

08-15-2019, 03:37 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
These guys carry or can get about anything. You’ll need to know what size they are, it’s not a camera shop. Home Depot has metric nuts you can use to try to size the screw, or use a thread pitch checker. Use a caliper to measure the length and diameter.

mid-states bolt and screw co.

Also try to contact Precision camera? They are the repair center in the US.
08-15-2019, 07:11 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A good fastener supplier might be able to help as might also any shop that does camera repair. Question? How did you lose the screws off the base of your camera?

Steve
08-15-2019, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

mcmaster carr has them if you know the size? half way down the page on the right.

JIS Steel Phillips Flat Head Screw:

McMaster-Carr

08-15-2019, 08:34 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by amstel78 Quote
Another K-1?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Last edited by Apet-Sure; 08-15-2019 at 08:37 AM. Reason: ..
08-15-2019, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
A good fastener supplier might be able to help as might also any shop that does camera repair. Question? How did you lose the screws off the base of your camera?

Steve
Didn't lose the screws. Picked up another K-1 body for cheap that works but is missing those screws for some odd reason.

---------- Post added 08-15-19 at 04:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
mcmaster carr has them if you know the size? half way down the page on the right.

JIS Steel Phillips Flat Head Screw:

McMaster-Carr
Thanks for the link. I'll pull the ones from my other K-1 to get measurements.
08-15-2019, 06:29 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Do note, US Camera seems to be out of business (several threads about this here and there). Precision Camera is the only show in town I think.

08-16-2019, 04:09 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by amstel78 Quote
I've been trying unsuccessfully to contact anyone over at US Camera but they don't seem to be responding to emails.

I'm looking for screws for a Pentax K-1. See attached image. The screws I'm looking for are JIS and are circled in red.

JIS is just the head design. If you can find out the pitch and size of the screws you might be able to find screws that fit in a well supplied hobby store that carries rc cars and planes.
08-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
Do note, US Camera seems to be out of business (several threads about this here and there). Precision Camera is the only show in town I think.
That's unfortunate if true. Their website still seems to be operational though, but would explain why no one has bothered reaponding to my emails.

---------- Post added 08-16-19 at 04:46 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
JIS is just the head design. If you can find out the pitch and size of the screws you might be able to find screws that fit in a well supplied hobby store that carries rc cars and planes.
That's a good idea. I might even have some that would work. I've got a lot of little metric threaded screws that I keep as spares for some of my RC toys in various diameters and lengths at home. Thanks for the idea.