Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2019, 03:54 PM   #1

Hotshoe Damage to K1

Howdy Friends.

I recently cracked my Pentax K-1 body and damaged the hotshoe right at the top of the body near the hotshoe. From my understanding this is a weakspot on the K1 models due to less metal framing to allow for the GPS signal to be magnified.

Is it possible to have this professionally repaired? is it possible to purchase just the hotshoe and replace that part along and use some kind of epoxy to fill in the crack?

The only functional damage which appears to be present is to the hotshoe and perhaps weatherproofing.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Shared album - Renaissance Cyclist - Google Photos

10-28-2019, 04:15 PM   #2

Since it is a non-warranty repair you should be able to send it to any of the Ricoh repair centers to have the top plate and hot shoe replaced:
Pentax Repair Facilities (Wordwide listing) - PentaxForums.com

Otherwise you should be able to get the hot shoe parts and maybe even the top plate from USCamera. I assume you have the tools and skills (soldering might be involved) to DIY repair.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, damage, hotshoe, hotshoe damage, k1, pentax service, repair, service, warranty