Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2019, 08:41 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks. I had totally missed this one.

12-30-2019, 03:19 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
I'm going on waiting14 months in Canada for a 28-105 repair under warranty - waiting on parts.....

The Guy at Sun Camera always sounds depressed when he looks up my repair and it is always "waiting on parts, probably another few weeks at least" - I kind of feel sorry for him, it is now almost a joke how long Pentax takes to repair. The same place does repairs for other brands and I have had a lens returned in 2 weeks even though where I am is 3 days shipping time.

Contacting Pentax gets you nowhere and my 2 year warranty on the lens expired 6 months ago....
12-30-2019, 01:10 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
14 months, that’s some great customer service, they should be embarrassed.
12-30-2019, 01:44 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by michealm Quote
I'm going on waiting14 months in Canada for a 28-105 repair under warranty - waiting on parts.....

The Guy at Sun Camera always sounds depressed when he looks up my repair and it is always "waiting on parts, probably another few weeks at least" - I kind of feel sorry for him, it is now almost a joke how long Pentax takes to repair. The same place does repairs for other brands and I have had a lens returned in 2 weeks even though where I am is 3 days shipping time.

Contacting Pentax gets you nowhere and my 2 year warranty on the lens expired 6 months ago....
Have you talked directly to Ricoh Canada? If they are doing nothing you might consider talking to your provincial prosecutors office.

12-30-2019, 03:35 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Maybe they have it on their warranty repair roadmap.
12-30-2019, 03:51 PM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Have you talked directly to Ricoh Canada? If they are doing nothing you might consider talking to your provincial prosecutors office.
Ricoh Canada doesn't really answer consumers. There are forms you can fill out - I think they just go to a mailbox no-one checks. Ricoh USA has been good, but can not do anything.
12-30-2019, 06:30 PM   #37
Pentaxian

You would think that after a few months they would've just offered you a new copy or at least a refurbished copy.

12-30-2019, 06:50 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Id have thought they'd send it to Japan and have it back long before this.
12-30-2019, 07:01 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ricoh Canada doesn't really answer consumers. There are forms you can fill out - I think they just go to a mailbox no-one checks. Ricoh USA has been good, but can not do anything.
Find out what office enforces warranties in Canada and contact them. If the provincial prosecutor is elected you can be sure they will at least respond.
12-31-2019, 02:03 AM   #40
Pentaxian

I would ask for the countdown for your warranty be halted until the lens is back in your hands

Every Province has a Consumer Product Warranty and Liability Act

http://laws.gnb.ca/en/ShowPdf/cs/C-18.1.pdf
12-31-2019, 06:43 AM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
it is a problem known to have happened to several Pentax-D FA 150-450mm lenses

as far as the culprit being stripped screws, I can only speak to my case

here is the thread with photos of someone else's 150-450mm

DFA 150-450mm needs repair - Page 5 - PentaxForums.com
am just curious.

Here on forum itself, how many cases there been, on the 150-450 separating into two?

I recall there being at least 3 to 4 known cases on forum itself (including mr fox's).

This thing is haunting me nonstop actually.
I have this fear all the time i am using the 150-450, that it will just separate into two.

Sigh. this seriously is very bad.
And all this thing about the very lengthy repair times .....
This is just sad.
12-31-2019, 07:05 AM   #42
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
if I were you, I would post that question in the original thread regarding the issue,

DFA 150-450mm needs repair - Page 5 - PentaxForums.com

and the thread concerning the lens itself

Post your HD PENTAX-D FA 150-450mm F4.5-5.6 ED DC AW pictures! - PentaxForums.com

if the issue, as it was in my case, was stripped screws working loose, I think it is a small percentage of lenses

a problem with the manufacture of a specific lens, not design of the lens

however I do not know what happened to the other few lenses we know about.

the key I think is the number of reported cases seem to be small compared to the number of lenses bought over the years.

do you have any place that might take your lens apart and inspect it ?

Last edited by aslyfox; 12-31-2019 at 08:07 AM.
12-31-2019, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hi Termy,
Yes there have been cases where the lens separated but most of us have not had that problem. Internet forums are great places to get help but they have the unfortunate side affect of magnifying the appearance of reported problems. I have owned a couple of 150-450 lenses, used them extensively and had no problems. No problems is not news so you do not hear about it. Enjoy your lens. It is a great one.
12-31-2019, 09:13 AM   #44
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
dlh has started such a thread

Pentax Lenses Falling Apart - Stripped Internal Screws - PentaxForums.com
12-31-2019, 04:07 PM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
Thanks - will check it out