Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2020, 10:39 PM   #1

Pentax Program A Film Wind Lever stuck?

As I mentioned in my last thread, I dont have a battery cover so my camera wont turn on. But now i've also noticed that the film wind lever wont move past the stand-off angle. I watched a video that explains how to fix that but it was for a different camera. I looked around and noticed people saying that after they put in new batteries they could move it further and actually wind film again. Is that the case for my Program A? I still haven't found a battery cover that works so I havent been able to see if all I need is to give it some juice. I unscrewed the bottom and looked at how the wind lever works. I believe it was working fine. After doing some research and seeing that some cameras require power to crank the wind lever that lead me to beleive mine does too. Please let me know if this is the case and if not can you tell me how I can fix it.

02-09-2020, 11:04 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You may be able to move the wind lever after the shutter is released and you can't do that without batteries.

Steve
02-10-2020, 03:07 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
I've got program a, it is very likely you have already cranked the shutter before. So it won't allow you to crank again until you release it. But for that you'd need the batteries.