Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
06-17-2020, 08:10 AM - 4 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DO NOT send your Pentax Sport Optics addressed to Precision !!!

As you may know Pentax sport optics are covered by a lifetime warranty.

My wife sent our Pentax PCF 7x35 binoculars directly to Precision.
Precision sent them back unrepaired as no purchase receipt was provided.
I confirmed this with a Precision telephone representative.
These binoculars were previously serviced - twice in fact - so despite their refusal I told agent I would try again.

I sent them in again - this time to Ricoh Sport Optics Repair at Precision's address in Enfield CT.
Probably most importantly I included the official form downloaded and printed from the Ricoh/Pentax website.
I filled it out and signed the statement that I am original owner but purchase receipt was unavailable.

Several weeks later binoculars returned fully repaired from Nishi International c/o Pentax Ricoh Torrance CA.

So note that in this case Precision acted deceptively, at minimum lying by omission.
In two telephone calls we were told binoculars could not be repaired under warranty.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 06-17-2020 at 08:20 AM.
06-17-2020, 11:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
As you may know Pentax sport optics are covered by a lifetime warranty.
Thank you Chris. I am going to make a note as I bought a 10x42 Pentax DCF CS 10x42 binoculars back in 2011. I did register the optic with Pentax but do not remember any of the details. I just found the purchase details in my Amazon account. So, if I need any repairs for the binos, I have to send them to Precision? I remember there was a mention of a $20 charge for the shipping back of the binoculars once they were repaired. Did you have to pay for the return shipping?

Thanks,
Boris
06-17-2020, 03:07 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
You MUST address package as specified on the form downloaded and printed on the Ricoh website.

The form also instructs you to include check for $19.95 payable to Ricoh Imaging for return shipping.

Here's the PDF form:

http://www.precisioncamera.com/ricoh/images/Pentax_Sports_Optics_Repair_Request_Form_Fillable.pdf

Chris
06-18-2020, 08:45 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Here's the PDF form:
Thank you Chris.

06-20-2020, 11:16 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for sharing this info. I have added it to the sticky.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-21-2020, 08:41 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I have added it to the sticky
This is probably a stupid question... what is a sticky (note)?
06-21-2020, 09:39 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This one: US Pentax Warranty Repair Information - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: