Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
07-05-2020, 06:40 AM   #1

Pentax no reply...

My Pentax 18-135 is decentered/misaligned.

Contacted Pentax twice...once through the official Pentax website contact...second time through an official Pentax link provided to me by Adorama through whom I purchased the lens...three weeks now...no reply at all.

What now?

07-05-2020, 06:51 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is your lens within the warranty period? Do you have Proof of Purchase? Can you still return it for exchange? If not -

This link to Precision Camera Repair for Pentax is right on the website. It was the first response from a simple Google search

Repairs - Ricoh

And here’s the front page at Precision. The process is self-explanatory.
07-05-2020, 06:54 AM   #3
Pentaxian

What could Pentax answer? Something like: Send the lens to us to be checked. So why don’t you send the lens to Pentax - with parcel tracking.
07-05-2020, 06:55 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
What could Pentax answer? Something like: Send the lens to us to be checked. So why don’t you send the lens to Pentax - with parcel tracking.
That’s not very good advice. Pentax has no real physical presence in USA - there’s no one to “check” the lens.

07-05-2020, 06:59 AM - 2 Likes   #5
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

that seems the best way to lose the lens.... the above explanation of contacting Precision for the repair.... that's the way to go...
07-05-2020, 07:23 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Shouldn't you just send the lens back to Adorama and let them handle the repair process?
07-05-2020, 07:59 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In various countries the best option is whoever is the authorized service center. In this case of the USA that's precision. A long time ago Pentax had their own internal repair team in the USA but those days are gone.

07-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #8

Adorama has a 30 day no questions asked return policy. If the period isn't up, return the lens for refund or replacement. If it is still under warranty send it to Precision as recommended above.

The Ricoh web contact form very often does not generate a response. You have better luck calling the customer service number printed on the warranty card that should have come with a new lens.

If you bought it used the first line would be to contact the seller.
07-05-2020, 12:09 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

OK don’t send it to the office address, find the repair address or call :-)
07-05-2020, 02:21 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DrawsACircle Quote
Shouldn't you just send the lens back to Adorama and let them handle the repair process?
I wanted Adorama to replace the lens...Adorama told me to contact Pentax...gave me the link to the Pentax Repair and Warranty department...no-one is helping...I at least expected Adorama to offer a replacement...I also contacted Precision...nothing...
07-05-2020, 03:26 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Geophotoguy Quote
I wanted Adorama to replace the lens...Adorama told me to contact Pentax...gave me the link to the Pentax Repair and Warranty department...no-one is helping...I at least expected Adorama to offer a replacement...I also contacted Precision...nothing...
That's strange- usually Precision is fairly good at responding. You can also try calling them directly using the phone number in this thread:
US Pentax Warranty Repair Information - PentaxForums.com

As for Adorama, if the lens is within the 30-day return window, they should offer an exchange. If not, then the warranty route is the way to go. Hopefully your issue will be sorted soon!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-05-2020, 05:56 PM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wanted Adorama to replace the lens...Adorama told me to contact Pentax...gave me the link to the Pentax Repair and Warranty department...no-one is helping...I at least expected Adorama to offer a replacement...
What was your purchase date?

Don’t expect Adorama to offer anything - if you re within the return window just tell them you are returning the lens for exchange
I also contacted Precision...nothing...
Did you use the link I copied above to the front page of the Precision repair system? It is automated and generates an immediate email. Don’t try to contact them, use the system.

Ricoh USA Home Page link Repairs - Ricoh This is the Ricoh Imaging USA repairs page. Clicking the Precision Camera Repair link takes you to the Precision Camera Repair webform for Pentax gear.

Precision Repair Repairs - Ricoh Use the webform to generate a Warranty Repair ticket and follow the instructions.

The responses you have received are not normal under the circumstances you state.
Attached Images

Last edited by monochrome; 07-05-2020 at 06:11 PM.
07-05-2020, 09:14 PM   #13

I'm afraid Adorama's customer service steered you wrong.

Adorama's return process is just as simple. Just go to your order page and start the return proces with the exchange option, pack it up and ship it off. You can print out a form if you wish I don't know if they will give you a return shipping label. If you use the printed from you are responsible for shipping and insurance.

If you are past the 30 day return period you may point out to them how you wasted time following their advice. If you have records of your communications it would help.

https://www.adorama.com/help/returnpolicy?OrigTerm=returns&searchredirect=true

What contact information did Adorama give you?

Last edited by Not a Number; 07-05-2020 at 09:24 PM.
07-06-2020, 04:25 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Could you post some photos to see if that the problems you have for that lens?
07-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #15

Original Poster
Ok thank you all. I filled out the Precision Camera form linked by monochrome...I see they quoted me a repair charge of $172.00 without ever knowing what the problem is! Anyway, the lens is under warranty and I marked the appropriate box properly.
Thanks to all who helped.