Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flash shoe bracket came off

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here. And new to Pentax. I came over from Canon 80d. I bought a used K5 and love it. Now I have a used K3 and am looking forward to see what it can do.

Do any of you know how I can fix this? This bracket came off from the shoe.

---------- Post added 08-14-20 at 03:18 PM ----------

Now I see a repair thread. I am going to go ask over there as well.

Attached Images

08-14-2020, 03:26 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
K3 - Flash shoe bracket came off

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here. And new to Pentax. I came over from Canon 80d. I bought a used K5 and love it. Now I have a used K3 and am looking forward to see what it can do.

Do any of you know how I can fix this? This bracket came off from the shoe.

You can see a picture here: Flash shoe bracket came off - PentaxForums.com

I posted there before I saw this repair forum.
08-14-2020, 05:14 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi @braveheart-7,

Welcome to Pentax Forums. Sorry to hear about your broken K-3.

I'm afraid that I don't have a simple answer, but here's a recent thread that discussed the same or similar issue: Help!! K3ii hotshoe came off - PentaxForums.com

Please note the parts diagram for the K-7 given by @Not a Number; at Post #24. Do you have both parts (A322 and A323)?

Here is another thread for reference: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/295204-...tax-k-3-a.html

I'd suggest that after reading through those threads, you could pose specific questions back here to explore the repair possibilities.

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 08-14-2020 at 05:55 PM.
08-14-2020, 05:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by braveheart-7 Quote
Now I see a repair thread. I am going to go ask over there as well.
Hi,

You may wish to post your picture at the other thread, then the discussion could be carried at one place.

Cheers,

- Craig

08-14-2020, 05:58 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Hi @braveheart-7,

Welcome to Pentax Forums. Sorry to hear about your broken K-3.

I'm afraid that I don't have a simple answer, but here's a recent thread that discussed the same or similar issue: Help!! K3ii hotshoe came off - PentaxForums.com

Please note the parts diagram for the K-7 given by @Not a Number; at Post #24. Do you have both parts (A322 and A323)?

Here is another thread for reference: Need help to fix hotshoe pentax k-3 - PentaxForums.com

I'd suggest that after reading through those threads, you could pose specific questions back here to explore the repair possibilities.

- Craig
Thanks! I'll go through them and respond back. Appreciate the welcome and guidance!
08-14-2020, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #6

Note: I merged the redundant threads, which led to some redundant posts in the resulting thread.

Duplicated threads are discouraged.