Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2020, 05:23 AM   #1

K1000 repair to correct inoperative release.

Hello. I have started taking apart the body and have had to destroy a very tight left handed disc under the counter, so I am looking for that part. Also, the degree of disassembly is my next question. Any K1000 fans here? Thank you for any guidance in advance.

09-02-2020, 07:28 AM   #2

You would have to look on some place like eBay either for the specific part or donor body. Service manuals are available from many sources such as pentax-manuals.com or searching the Web. There are also videos on youtube that may cover disassembly of the parts in question.
09-02-2020, 07:36 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also, note that part is the same as on the Spotmatic. I recently got a parts Spotmatic for $19 which annoyingly works perfectly ( how can I use a perfectly functioning camera for parts).
09-02-2020, 09:38 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K1000 repair to correct inoperative release.

No release? Most common cause is a bump/impact causing the mirror tensioning lever to unlatch. It is easy to reset this with only the bottom cover screws removed. Pull it back to latch, then try release. The mirror rises, tripping the first shutter curtain release.
In this picture mirror is tensioned and latched

Hang up and DRIVE!

Last edited by MikeMcE; 09-02-2020 at 03:32 PM.
09-02-2020, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
You would have to look on some place like eBay either for the specific part or donor body. Service manuals are available from many sources such as pentax-manuals.com or searching the Web. There are also videos on youtube that may cover disassembly of the parts in question.
Thank you Mike for your help. Did not know about the Pentax site. Thank you for that for sure.
09-02-2020, 03:34 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

here you go
Attached Images

09-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeMcE Quote
here you go
I found that tip in the service manual I have. All was right on my latch.

---------- Post added 09-02-20 at 03:50 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
Also, note that part is the same as on the Spotmatic. I recently got a parts Spotmatic for $19 which annoyingly works perfectly ( how can I use a perfectly functioning camera for parts).
I did not know about the Spotmatic parts interchangability. Thank you. I did see a few of them on ebay.

---------- Post added 09-02-20 at 03:54 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Sorry, N a N, I called you Mike. Good advice. Plese keep me in mind if you think of anything. Or send someone you know who has taken the K1000 apart, Ok? Thanks.
09-02-2020, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Analog Dave Quote
I found that tip in the service manual I have. All was right on my latch.

---------- Post added 09-02-20 at 03:50 PM ----------

I did not know about the Spotmatic parts interchangability. Thank you. I did see a few of them on ebay.

---------- Post added 09-02-20 at 03:54 PM ----------

Sorry, N a N, I called you Mike. Good advice. Plese keep me in mind if you think of anything. Or send someone you know who has taken the K1000 apart, Ok? Thanks.

Ive repaired 1000s of H3V on up . The only weird one is the Spotmatic F, but mechanical yall the same basic thoughts.
Google NatCam Spotmatic repair guide. This is a pdf.

http://mattsclassiccameras.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Pentax_spii.pdf

Hang up and DRIVE!