Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2020, 02:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Sent LX out for Repair, Got Destroyed by FedEx, what's Next?

Hello,

Recently I re-started my photography and realized that my LX, which had been in successful service for the past 2 years, seem to have developed some electronic issues. I contacted Advance Camera (who serviced my LX last time) and they were able to identify the possible fault and offered an examination. However, I just received a phone call from them, and they told me that FedEx had completely ruined my LX: the entire prism finder was crashed into the mirror box.

What should I do next? It seems that filing a FedEx claim requires both the statement from a repairs guy that whether it is repairable or not (which I can get from Advance Camera), the SN of my camera, and the original purchase receipt. However, I got my LX from a fellow forum member and it arrived with the sticky mirror syndrome, so it was sent immediately to Advance Camera for a full CLA. Therefore, I declared the value of my LX as the combined purchase price and CLA fees. How should I proceed with my claim?

Sincerely

10-13-2020, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Just as you actually explained it, the purchase price and the price to “refurbish” it.
10-13-2020, 02:36 PM   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
did you insure the shipment with Fed Ex when you shipped it ?

that may be the maximum you will be able to claim for it
10-13-2020, 05:51 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
did you insure the shipment with Fed Ex when you shipped it ?

that may be the maximum you will be able to claim for it
I did declare a value of 400 dollars (which is approximately the price of the original unit plus the CLA), and FedEx Ground have a max liability of 500 bucks.

Though I am contacting Advance Camera to see if they have a copy of the original work order/invoice that I can submit as a proof of the CLA cost.

10-13-2020, 09:23 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
What a horrible thing to happen. I hope you succeed in getting compensation.