Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2020, 08:50 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jkobler Quote
I thought I did that but it was years ago, so might be worth repeating.
As a former repair shop owner,doing hundreds of these on my bench, Batteries and contacts were 60% of the issues. Finger oils along with the battery "gassing out" during use will accelerate battery corrosion. That shutter only has two mechanical speeds, sync and Bulb.

11-08-2020, 11:09 AM   #32
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
An expert at repairing Pentax camera is the only one who can say whether the needed part(s) is(are) available - and what a repair would cost.
11-08-2020, 06:17 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
An expert at repairing Pentax camera is the only one who can say whether the needed part(s) is(are) available - and what a repair would cost.

Totally true. most ME/ME supers had rarely any circuit issues unless swimming was attempted. Dirty wipers can be cleaned, if it shoots flash pictures its still a great camera, and using sunny 16 rule with asa100

Hang up and DRIVE!
11-09-2020, 11:29 PM   #34
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jkobler Quote
I hate just having broken stuff laying around though.
My OCD aligns with yours !

#1 Wifelet had the fix...
QuoteQuote:
biff it (in the trash) or pass it to someone else and then it won't be 'broken stuff laying around' you feel you need to fix (at all costs )
and it works ! Once gone it frees up so much more time for the truly important 'broken stuff laying around' !! :-)