Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-20-2021, 08:55 AM   #1

UK Ricoh Support

Does anyone know a direct email address for UK Ricoh support? I have logged a web call but response is painfully slow. I have an issue with an 18 month old GR III, only 1500 shots and I want Ricoh to fix it FOC!

I have already been referred to John Pye and contacted them, whereby they say Ricoh say the warranty is only 12 months.

Thanks, Lee

02-20-2021, 10:39 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I would suggest you contact the retailer you bought the camera from and discuss it with them.

In the UK, warranty is 2 years as standard I believe. Did you buy via a credit card? if so that would give you more leverage.
02-20-2021, 10:39 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Your transaction should be covered by the 2015 Consumer Rights Act, assuming you bought it from a UK retailer - handy guide here Faulty product? How to get a refund, repair or replacement
02-21-2021, 01:43 PM   #4
Forum Member

It is a two year warranty, in the UK. My GRIII was repaired via SRS Microsystems (original retailer), who sent it to John Pye, I believe, in May last year. I've always found it easiest to go through the retailer first if you can. The repair was fast and painless, and so far successful ~ some hope for you there hopefully.

02-21-2021, 04:48 PM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tbelf Quote
repaired via SRS Microsystems (original retailer)
I too had a great experience in July 2020 with SRS, when one of my K1's (an April 2016 purchase) developed the Mode dial issue.

It was turned around within a week (via John Pye Technical)... it came back to me fixed and both the viewfinder assembly and CCD had been cleaned.

All this was done at no cost to me, that's why IMHO it's worth supporting good retailer when you find one, even when they are some 560 miles away, so not exactly local to me.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 02-21-2021 at 05:02 PM.
02-22-2021, 09:43 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies folks. Still no word from Ricoh. I purchased the camera from Amazon, so not sure if they will be able to match the level of service from SRS. I guess it's worth a try ...

Lee
02-24-2021, 08:52 AM   #7

Original Poster
Well, here's an update. John Pye were told by Ricoh that Amazon warranty was 12 months. However, after a bit of haranguing in my Ricoh support ticket, pointing out that I had also purchased the GW-4 wide lens blah-de-blah, they have finally come back to me saying that the repair will be covered under warranty. From my description of the fault to John Pye, they suspect a lens fault and the camera will need to go to Germany for repair, if that is the case.

Meanwhile, I have bagged myself a bargain Fuji XF10 to keep me amused whilst I wait ...

cheers, all

Lee

02-24-2021, 09:31 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lsdphoto Quote
Well, here's an update. John Pye were told by Ricoh that Amazon warranty was 12 months. However, after a bit of haranguing in my Ricoh support ticket, pointing out that I had also purchased the GW-4 wide lens blah-de-blah, they have finally come back to me saying that the repair will be covered under warranty. From my description of the fault to John Pye, they suspect a lens fault and the camera will need to go to Germany for repair, if that is the case.

Meanwhile, I have bagged myself a bargain Fuji XF10 to keep me amused whilst I wait ...

cheers, all

Lee
That's good news Lee, well done for persevering. Hopefully the fix is good for the life of the camera.
There is a Fuji section in here too (I think!) if you want to post there.