Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 104 Likes Search this Thread
04-22-2021, 04:26 PM - 4 Likes   #61
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DannyLandrum Quote
We call can and should ABSOLUTELY blame Ricoh / Pentax for that, as that is their policy - Precision Camera is simply following the policy SET BY Ricoh / Pentax.
Me thinks you are overly exercised.
Breath slowly and stop hyperventilating.

---------- Post added Apr 22nd, 2021 at 05:36 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tokyoscape Quote
I think... first, It's obvious you're angry. I would be angry if I were you.
Next, if I had a problem like this, My first stop would be their social media, (facebook, maybe) . I would send a direct message and if they still ignore me, I would post it on their front page until I get attention..or block me

Goodluck.
If he was directing the sort of spit at Precicion as he is directing at this forum, it's no wonder he got bad service.
Most places have a low tolerance for abuse.

04-22-2021, 05:08 PM - 2 Likes   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote

If he was directing the sort of spit at Precicion as he is directing at this forum, it's no wonder he got bad service.

The OP does seem to have a very low anger threshold. He might do well to take a more measured approach to things.
04-22-2021, 06:17 PM - 3 Likes   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
beep beep a beep beep "This just in - local man who doesn't keep receipts is angry he didn't keep his receipt - now back to you Tom".
That’s not a fair assessment. He says he was willing to pay for services. They never offered them. That’s irrational. He’s not wrong to be upset but his ire for now should be focused on precision.
04-22-2021, 06:20 PM - 2 Likes   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote

This could be. But having worked with precision on a warranty issue where; first they claimed to not have my camera (sent them the ups tracking with signature required that said they did) then they sat on it another few weeks without updating me they found it then when prompted suddenly it was not only found but IN REPAIR and then while it remained in repair it showed up unexpected.

Precision makes my blood boil.

I should point out that calling them was more effective than the web. But calling them took hours - 30mins of ringing off the hook multiple tries to get people to answer who just passed the buck.

04-22-2021, 06:52 PM - 2 Likes   #65
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
That’s not a fair assessment. He says he was willing to pay for services. They never offered them. That’s irrational. He’s not wrong to be upset but his ire for now should be focused on precision.
The truth is a three edged sword. So far we have seen only one edge.
For example, was the person at Precision being talked over repeatedly, making communication impossible.

I had precisely this situation last week. I was facing a customer with a relatively to me simple problem facing him, but every time I started explaining a solution he cut me off and started talking over me. I finally told him I could only help him if he would let me, and he started talking over me again.
I started walking away from him and was told I wasn't being helpful. I told him his constant rudeness was telling me he didn't want assistance.
And then I walked away. Some people would rather listen to themselves than the people who actually know what they are talking about.
I'm not saying this is the OP, but I am wondering if something that appears to waddle while quacking just might be a duck.
04-22-2021, 07:57 PM - 1 Like   #66

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Interestingly, many of the reviews seem to relate to Sony products. It seems Sony also uses Precision as their repair agent. Drat!
Precision also repairs Olympus and Nikon as independent repair service. There was a time when they were the sole repair center for Olympus.
04-22-2021, 07:59 PM - 2 Likes   #67

QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
now is deleted from "the other forum", within the past half-hour, Wednesday evening . . . . very curious.
You think it could be because the binoculars are not Digital and have little to do with Photography?

04-23-2021, 06:08 AM - 3 Likes   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
You think it could be because the binoculars are not Digital and have little to do with Photography?
Who knows? They are mirrorless, though . . .
04-23-2021, 08:44 AM - 2 Likes   #69
Pentaxian

He says he was willing to pay for services. They never offered them. That’s irrational.
I find it difficult to believe, myself. Something's not quite right here.
04-23-2021, 11:29 AM - 1 Like   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Honestly having dealt with Precision, there a huge lack of communication and right hand left hand confusion. I can see how something like this might happen with them.
04-23-2021, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The OP should be directing his ire at Precision, not Pentax. But........given the amount of negative / neutral comments that we see on here about Precision, I think it would be a good move for Ricoh to look for a different service agent for repairs.

---------- Post added 04-24-2021 at 06:12 AM ----------

I sort of get this feeling myself.
04-23-2021, 07:34 PM - 2 Likes   #72

Honestly having dealt with Precision, there a huge lack of communication and right hand left hand confusion. I can see how something like this might happen with them.
Yes, something doesn't add up. The stated policy on both Precision and the Ricoh Imaging US is that for sports optics items sent for repair without a receipt will be treated as non-warranty repair. An estimate will be given that needs to be approved with payment information before the work is done. Why someone is saying the policy is "no receipt, no repairs whatsoever" when it seems clear to me that the stated policy is "no receipt, no warranty repairs".

Precision's method of operation is to use the telephone for voice communication rather than email or text messaging. I can imaging Precision trying several times to call with an estimate and not getting through. Either the OP has all unknown calls blocked, Precision made an error in putting the contact number on file, or simply didn't leave a message. Email may hove gone to a spam folder and automatically deleted after 30 days. At some point Precision gave up and sent the equipment back. That could explain the two month period.

There is an old proverb that "You can catch more flies/bees with honey than with vinegar". Given the tone of the posts above I can imagine quite a lot of vinegar was used over the telephone with predictable results.
04-23-2021, 08:37 PM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Yes, something doesn't add up. The stated policy on both Precision and the Ricoh Imaging US is that for sports optics items sent for repair without a receipt will be treated as non-warranty repair. An estimate will be given that needs to be approved with payment information before the work is done. Why someone is saying the policy is "no receipt, no repairs whatsoever" when it seems clear to me that the stated policy is "no receipt, no warranty repairs".

Precision's method of operation is to use the telephone for voice communication rather than email or text messaging. I can imaging Precision trying several times to call with an estimate and not getting through. Either the OP has all unknown calls blocked, Precision made an error in putting the contact number on file, or simply didn't leave a message. Email may hove gone to a spam folder and automatically deleted after 30 days. At some point Precision gave up and sent the equipment back. That could explain the two month period.

There is an old proverb that "You can catch more flies/bees with honey than with vinegar". Given the tone of the posts above I can imagine quite a lot of vinegar was used over the telephone with predictable results.
Yep, I think that if the OP approached Precision with the same sort of tone as he's shown in his posts then I wouldn't be surprised that he didn't get what he thought was a satisfactory outcome.

I have a feeling his original post was just meant as a vitriolic drive-by and that he probably won't be back.
04-24-2021, 02:49 AM   #74
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have gotten things serviced (out of warranty) by Precision without a receipt, so I am not sure where that comes in. Of course, if you want warranty service you need a documented purchase date.

Communication was poor, but possible via telephone (I don't know that anyone answers their e mails) and their servicing was done appropriately. I don't have any experience with binoculars so maybe that is the issue? But maybe too the OP is just unloading some anger in different places to try to help him feel better about a bad experience.
04-24-2021, 05:50 AM - 3 Likes   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I have gotten things serviced (out of warranty) by Precision without a receipt, so I am not sure where that comes in. Of course, if you want warranty service you need a documented purchase date.

Communication was poor, but possible via telephone (I don't know that anyone answers their e mails) and their servicing was done appropriately. I don't have any experience with binoculars so maybe that is the issue? But maybe too the OP is just unloading some anger in different places to try to help him feel better about a bad experience.
Telephone calls to Precision when I called them back early in the transition from the previous warranty shop for Pentax went unanswered for literally 30 minutes of ringing time. I was stubborn and kept trying.

The anger the op feels now isn’t necessarily a gauge of where they started.

I wish someone from Precision would spend a little time over here addressing comments and making progress on communication with Pentax users to help fix these situations.
Closed Thread