Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 104 Likes Search this Thread
04-24-2021, 07:16 AM - 2 Likes   #76
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, the OP was/is just a little disingenuous, in the first post he says the binocular eyepiece "broke"; later on he admits it "broke" when he "dropped" them.
Has nothing to do with the service not received as he offered to pay.
But, I believe he is just mad at himself and venting. JMHO.

As someone stated earlier, a different approach to Precision may have resulted in a different outcome.

I do think this horse is definitely, thoroughly, and completely dead now!

04-24-2021, 07:34 AM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter

Thread has been spotted by the mods team, and we are considering some options, including re-titling it. But the previous post begs the question, should we close it now? Any thoughts, members and participants?
04-24-2021, 09:04 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Close it, JMHO.
04-24-2021, 09:25 AM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Thread has been spotted by the mods team, and we are considering some options, including re-titling it. But the previous post begs the question, should we close it now? Any thoughts, members and participants?
Nothing good will come from leaving this thread open.

04-24-2021, 09:43 AM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
should we close it now?
After 79 posts and no recent follow-up from the OP, I think the thread could be closed.
04-24-2021, 10:13 AM   #81
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums

With many consumer products, trying to get something repaired is often more expense and trouble than it's worth. For example, my old washing machine broke, and it made more sense to buy a new one rather than hire a repair person to visit my home and repair the broken machine.

These days, I never buy the latest and greatest camera bodies. Rather I buy 2 or 3 used bodies that are 2, 3 or 4 generations old for the same price (or less) than the price of just one of the latest/greatest/flagship models. Frankly, it's been years since a new body came out with a must-have/wiz-bang feature (e.g. K3ii's pixel shift) that caused me to purchase a brand new model. With this approach, if one of my 2nd, 3rd, or 4th generation bodies dies, I just throw the broken body into my "bone yard" (sometimes use these for my feeble attempts at self-repair) and then just use one of my other older bodies - without the aggravation/delay/expense of sending the broken body in for repairs.

Unless you are a pro who needs to be on the bleeding edge of photo tech, this approach just might work for you too.
Closed Thread