Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Days Ago   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Anyone recommend a good film camera repair place/person?

I have a Sears TLS (m42 mount camera) and a Kalimar K-90 (Kmount camera) that I would like to get CLA'ed, and was wondering if anybody here could recommend a place to send them to?

Perferably in the U.S. (mainly due to covid still going on, shipping is still messed up for everybody).
Thanks in advanced.

Ps: no, I dont want to "just get another camera", with the prices that film cameras are going for right now, might as well just get the ones I have cla'ed/repaired. Plus, the Sears TLS has sentimental value to me, plus I have the MR-9 adapter for it.

Last edited by disconnekt; 4 Days Ago at 04:04 PM.
5 Days Ago   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have a look at this thread and scroll down to the USA section: Pentax Repair Facilities (Wordwide listing) - PentaxForums.com
5 Days Ago   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I would recommend you give a call to

Phototronic

119 NE US Highway 24
Topeka KS 66608

785 233 0231

Camera Repair - phototronic.biz

to see if he thinks he could be of help

Last edited by aslyfox; 5 Days Ago at 04:20 AM.
5 Days Ago   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another vote for Mike at Phototronic.

5 Days Ago   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Any reputable camera repair should be able to service either of those cameras. The Sears TLS models that I am familiar with are a re-label of the Ricoh Singlex TLS. I have had mine apart and it should provide few surprises to an experienced technician. The Kalimar K-90 (not a K-mart brand) is reputed to have been made by Cosina should also not present any particular challenge for a standard CLA.

Steve
4 Days Ago   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks y'all. I messaged Gary's Camera yesterday and they said they wouldn't be able to CLA the Sears, but will CLA the Kalimar for $68, so I just sent it out to them today.

I email'd Camera Repair Center earlier (since they're close to me) to see if they're able to do a CLA on the Sears and fix a dented filter ring on a 50mm manual lens I have, and waiting for them to respond.
4 Days Ago   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
No bueno on CRC, they currently cant cla the Sears, maybe in a few months, and their tech hasnt gone back yet. Will try calling phototronic tomorrow. :/
2 Days Ago   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Does anyone know if Eric Henderson does cla's on non-pentax branded cameras?

2 Hours Ago   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Camera Service Co (Best Camera repair and service in Atlanta! CCD Sensor Cleaning) responded to me earlier today and they said they would be able to service my Sears TLS