Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2021, 08:44 AM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sechelt, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 229
Pentax D-FA* 70-200mm f/2.8 Tripod Collar attachment

I have, sadly, lost the L-shaped metal tripod attachment piece for my lens. I'm wondering if anyone here knows how I can go about getting a replacement, as all camera shops I can find and all online searches are leading me pretty much nowhere. I've tried emailing Ricoh Imaging, but haven't heard anything back.

Does anyone know if any "universal" ring connectors work at all? Not being able to put this lens on a tripod REALLY cuts back on the type of work I do (mostly self portrait in nature). It's like losing a piece of my body.

Help!

10-31-2021, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ffking's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Llanelli, Wales
Posts: 5,686
Is this what you need?

Pentax O-TM80 Tripod Mount for D FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6 ED DC AW and D FA 70-200mm f/2.8 ED DC AW lenses

This is in the UK, but it shows it is at least available (at a price), though out of stock at this vendor
10-31-2021, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #3
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
pschlute's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,978
QuoteOriginally posted by Artymous Quote
I have, sadly, lost the L-shaped metal tripod attachment piece for my lens. I'm wondering if anyone here knows how I can go about getting a replacement, as all camera shops I can find and all online searches are leading me pretty much nowhere. I've tried emailing Ricoh Imaging, but haven't heard anything back.

Does anyone know if any "universal" ring connectors work at all? Not being able to put this lens on a tripod REALLY cuts back on the type of work I do (mostly self portrait in nature). It's like losing a piece of my body.

Help!
Have you tried a Pentax main dealer ? I know they are thin on the ground but they do exist. They should be able to order it for you.

edit.....if you cant find one where you live, send a message to SRS (the link above) ..... ask for Chris.
10-31-2021, 09:17 AM   #4
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sechelt, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 229
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Is this what you need?

Pentax O-TM80 Tripod Mount for D FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6 ED DC AW and D FA 70-200mm f/2.8 ED DC AW lenses

This is in the UK, but it shows it is at least available (at a price), though out of stock at this vendor
That is, indeed it, but wow.. that's around $150 Cdn (and out of stock). I might have a couple more leads too, and I have a feeling these days that item probably won't come back into stock... :/

---------- Post added 10-31-2021 at 09:19 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Have you tried a Pentax main dealer ? I know they are thin on the ground but they do exist. They should be able to order it for you.

edit.....if you cant find one where you live, send a message to SRS (the link above) ..... ask for Chris.
From my research, Pentax has pulled out of Canada almost entirely. I can't find anyone.

---------- Post added 10-31-2021 at 09:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Is this what you need?

Pentax O-TM80 Tripod Mount for D FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6 ED DC AW and D FA 70-200mm f/2.8 ED DC AW lenses

This is in the UK, but it shows it is at least available (at a price), though out of stock at this vendor
Well! Having the part number worked. I found one in stock at Adorama for much cheaper than the UK quote. Still more than I'd like, but it's worth it.

10-31-2021, 11:45 AM   #5
Lev
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Posts: 1,064
It is so comfortable to hold the lens with this thing that I hardly accept its official name! It's more a lens holder than a tripod collar
10-31-2021, 12:52 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
ffking's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Llanelli, Wales
Posts: 5,686
QuoteOriginally posted by Artymous Quote
Well! Having the part number worked.
I hoped hat that might at least be useful - great!
10-31-2021, 01:44 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Paul the Sunman's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,313
Mine never comes off the lens!

I see they're in stock and 15% off at Adorama at present.


Last edited by Paul the Sunman; 10-31-2021 at 02:47 PM.
10-31-2021, 05:39 PM   #8
Moderator
Not a Number's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Venice, CA
Posts: 9,527
Seems to be the same price on US Ricoh Imaging:
https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/product/tripod-mount-o-tm80/
11-02-2021, 10:35 AM   #9
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sechelt, B.C.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 229
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Mine never comes off the lens!

I see they're in stock and 15% off at Adorama at present.
My camera bag doesn't let me keep it on the lens. Very tight quarters... it's not a bag that was meant for a massive lens like that. I should upgrade, but I've really fallen off photography lately.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
attachment, d-fa* 70-200mm f/2.8, dc, fa, lens, lenses, pentax, pentax service, piece, post, price, repair, service, stock, tripod, uk, vendor, warranty
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tripod collar issues on 70-200mm f2.8 loyalt Repairs and Warranty Service 14 12-17-2021 11:23 AM
Why the heck Ricoh didn't include a tripod collar with the D-FA 70-210? biz-engineer Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 39 08-13-2021 09:16 AM
Details on lens-collar/tripod-mount for Takumar 200mm f3.5? Futhark Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 15 04-23-2021 03:37 PM
D-FA 70-200 Tripod Collar Replacement Base AZGMDale Repairs and Warranty Service 5 11-26-2017 02:38 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:30 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top