Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
02-01-2022, 10:43 AM   #31

Original Poster
I attended Wex today to retrieve my 645z's which are now at Cameratiks in Morningside for their sensor clean.

They were extremely apologetic about the whole thing and the chap who I dealt with seemed as perplexed as me - to be clear - it wasn't him who told me they'd do it - it was someone else at Wex. They apologised - recommended a place that will do it, they actually will so at this stage - what else can they do to put this right. I certainly won't touch Fixation again - and as for Wex - not sure.

Fixation need to update their site - and Wex need to be clearer around which camera's their service centre will touch - and which ones they won't. Odd given how the 645z is probably the one camera that's been on sale continuously for the last 7 years. That's how good the 645z's are - until they need a sensor clean.

I digress - I had a lovely time looking at other camera's and enjoyed seeing the Z7ii, A7RIV and seeing them in action. Small yes - not sold - but the EVF's seem a lot better than I recall from earlier incarnations. The A7RiV is the Z9's sensor gaurd away from being SFTphotography ready, and the Z9 is amazing but one less stop DR than my D850 and 645z - yet more expensive than both.

When the rumoured Z8 comes with 61mp AND that sensor gaurd to keep dirt off the sensor (I cannot bear sensor dirt) the future for me will be very clear. Or if Fuji sort out the wide zoom with the GF line - and bring in a body with that sensor gaurd - I'll feel mirrorless is ready for the world of my photography.