Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-16-2022, 10:08 AM   #1

K100 light meter sits at bottom battery in, sits above middle battery out

My K1000 dropped off a counter yesterday and now I'm having problems with the light meter. It appears to sit at the bottom with the battery in and the bottom of the camera attached. Yet it sits above the middle with the battery out and bottom off. Also note that it sits at the bottom with the battery out, and bottom on. See attached imgur pictures for description. Thank you! Hopefully someone can save me from having to bring it into a shop.

Pictures of my description

03-16-2022, 08:20 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your title is k100. You may want to fix that as the k100 is digital and many people who might have interest and info on the k1000 may overlook this thread.
03-17-2022, 05:34 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry to hear about the accident.
The K1000 meter has a return spring and offset/zeroing mechanism, and you've obviously given it a very hard knock, and it has shifted the zero-ing mechanism that returns the meter to the zero-point, and probably also have thrown off the full-scale calibration.

Unless you have the skills of a watchmaker or camera tech, you'll need to send it to someone to repair.
You can find a few videos on Youtube showing various K1000 disassembly / fixes.
Even if you get the camera apart and can adjust the meter, you will need to be able to calibrate it properly and may lack the necessary equipment.