Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2022, 03:17 PM - 4 Likes   #1

International Camera-Chicago

International Camera in Chicago, IL. will repair you Pentax digital cameras.

You have a diagnostic fee of 45.00 which goes towards the final price of repair if you wish to have them do the service. You can send your camera to them with your full name, telephone and an explanation on the camera issue. Dodo Camera in Chicago referred me to this service upon inquiry. I cannot vouch for their service, as I have not used them, but I am sending my KP to them for diagnostics.

International Camera
17 N. Wabash Suite 674, Chicago. IL. 60602
312-630-1017

Monday thru Thursday.

Last edited by spiralcity; 07-13-2022 at 06:13 PM.
07-13-2022, 06:17 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did you establish that they're able to get Pentax parts? If so, that will be great, but in the past anyone other than Ricoh's official repairer struggled to get parts.

See, for instance: https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/repairs/
And: https://www.precisioncamera.com/Ricoh/
07-13-2022, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by spiralcity Quote
International Camera in Chicago, IL. will repair you Pentax digital cameras.

You have a diagnostic fee of 45.00 which goes towards the final price of repair if you wish to have them do the service. You can send your camera to them with your full name, telephone and an explanation on the camera issue. Dodo Camera in Chicago referred me to this service upon inquiry. I cannot vouch for their service, as I have not used them, but I am sending my KP to them for diagnostics.

International Camera
17 N. Wabash Suite 674, Chicago. IL. 60602
312-630-1017

Monday thru Thursday.
I really hope that this works out well. It can be very frustrating dealing with repairs when only a few places can provide services and the pricing is so high that you could buy a replacement for the cost of a repair. I'd hate to have to consider my KP as disposable.
07-14-2022, 06:37 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
I really hope that this works out well. It can be very frustrating dealing with repairs when only a few places can provide services and the pricing is so high that you could buy a replacement for the cost of a repair. I'd hate to have to consider my KP as disposable.
I figured I could at least get the diagnostics done. From that point I could decide to have it fixed or perhaps get a second opinion.

---------- Post added 07-14-2022 at 06:41 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Did you establish that they're able to get Pentax parts? If so, that will be great, but in the past anyone other than Ricoh's official repairer struggled to get parts.

See, for instance: https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/repairs/
And: https://www.precisioncamera.com/Ricoh/
According to the person I talked to at the shop, they stated they can do the work. I am basically interested to hear the diagnostic report., from that point I will decide what to do.

07-14-2022, 11:16 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@spiralcity Let us know the outcome, please. Surprisingly I did not find there website. Very unusual nowadays.
07-14-2022, 09:46 PM   #6

They have a Facebook page. Last updated 2015.
International Camera Repair

Website is dead. Been in business since 1949 so probably don't get the Internet thing.

They have Yelp reviews, last review was 2018.

Google reviews, several in past year. Most recent 3 week ago.
07-16-2022, 10:10 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
International Camera-Chicago

Iíve used International Camera for years, well at least since mid 70ís.
Solid operation and fairly honest. I really didnít know they still existed.

Hang up and DRIVE!

07-22-2022, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeMcE Quote
Iíve used International Camera for years, well at least since mid 70ís.
Solid operation and fairly honest. I really didnít know they still existed.

Hang up and DRIVE!
Yep, they are still up and running in Chicago. They downsized to a smaller place, but they are still repairing all kinds of electronic devises.
10-08-2022, 06:56 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by spiralcity Quote
Yep, they are still up and running in Chicago. They downsized to a smaller place, but they are still repairing all kinds of electronic devises.
What did you have done and how did your repair end up? I'm interesting in possibly sending a camera there.

Last edited by ramseybuckeye; 10-09-2022 at 05:37 AM.
10-10-2022, 10:47 PM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
What did you have done and how did your repair end up? I'm interesting in possibly sending a camera there.
I havent found the time for a quote yet. I did tell the the problem, the camera and make and they told me to bring it in.