Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2022, 01:17 PM   #1

Pentax P30T shutter stuck

Hello. I have a Pentax P30T for a couple of years and it worked fine all the time. Today I tried to load a roll lf film and a strange thing occured. I left the film inside as usual right by the red mark at the taking spool and closed the door. Then I tried to cock the shutter and felt the resistance combined with some strange noise like the spool was spinning inside but the film was slipping off it and made the noise. However the first time I was able to make a blank shot and thought that film wasn't holding to the spool correctrly/ I opened the back and took the film out, and next I tried to cock the shutter again. This time it got stuck in the middle and it's not moving forward, meaning that I cannot make a shot. The spot metering works fine and I tried it with some fresh batteries but nothing changes, it feels like it's broken inside or what. I can spin the taking spool manually and there is no strange sound or resistance but I cannot cock the shutter cause it's stuck. Earlier today I made some blank shots without film inserted and it worked fine as intended. Not shure what did just happened to it.
What can it be and is it completely dead or not? There are no camera repair shops in my area or at least in 1000km around me so my options are weak - it may be a minor problem easy to fix or it's dead and no one will be able to repair it. Any suggestions for me what to do or what can it be?
Thanks for at least reading it.

UPD: I left it to rest for a few days. Then I just dropped the camera on my couch, it somehow fixed the problem and everything works fine again.

Last edited by Ymita; 09-25-2022 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Fixed