Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2022, 12:28 PM   #1

Sun Camera Service/Parts shipping to canada

To summarize where I'm at: Broke my lenses tripod foot, sent it for repair through Pentax Canada's listed method to Sun Camera Service, paid an invoice for the parts mid September, and haven't received a new shipping time estimate for the part after being told it had to be reordered.
Aside from my frustration at the lack-luster communication, anyone have other experience to speak to shipping times? Or are shipping times still messed up from covid.

11-29-2022, 02:30 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had equally long waiting times waiting for parts from Japan, so I suspect that's the issue.
11-29-2022, 02:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have had several service events with Sun Camera and never had any issues other than when a lens had to be sent to Japan for servicing and then it took what seemed like forever. I don't think it was the fault of Sun Camera so if they can deal with your issues in-house, I suspect that you'll have no problems.
11-29-2022, 06:36 PM   #4

Original Poster
Yeah, from what I could tell, and what my invoice was for, it should be an easy repair, and I was expecting shipping to take a while when I sent it in until someone there told me a guess that it could be just 3-4 weeks. Didn't really expect that, but was hopeful, so thanks for confirming!

07-13-2023, 06:33 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some PR for Sun Camera after excellent repair job

I dropped my K-1 with my DA*300 attached in May. The lens was fine but the camera mount sheared off entirely and various bits went flying off never to be recovered. Knowing that I would be hard to live with until I got it repaired, I boxed it up and sent it to the Canadian licensed repair facility, Sun Camera Service in Concord, Ontario. All communication was via email which proved sufficient. I was not sure if it was repairable but they gave me a quote after receiving the goods and I accepted since it was below a 2nd hand used K-1 price. The list of parts replaced included: diaphragm control block; shutter; fresnel lens assembly; 4reka162 HP-Mic jack cover; front housing assembly. They also did a check, adjust and clean as necessary after re-assembly. Total cost just over $900.00 Canadian since it was long past any warranty period. Turn around time about 6 weeks.

I have been banging away on my like-new K-1 since it arrived back in my hands yesterday and I can find no faults. Nice to know I have a new shutter to play with. All my user modes are intact. Nice job, Sun Camera!

Jack