Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-01-2023, 06:13 PM   #1

Need my MX Repaired

Hello.
Im need to send my MX out for repair.
I went to take a photo today in the cold and i got a click, but i could tell something let go.
The shutter is still cocked. The red ready indicator is red. The mirror is not down or up. Its floppy inbetween.
If i push the mirror down then slide the shutter button lever down.
That will allow me to depress the shutter button and i get a click, but the shutter does not fire. And the mirror goes back to the floppy state.
Who can fix this?
Please send suggestions.

03-01-2023, 07:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Sounds like it needs a CLA (clean, lube, adjust). I used Garry's Camera Repair before, he does do CLA's on Pentax cameras, he charges $78 (includes return shipping), he has info on the work he does on the cameras on his website here: Garry's Camera Repair

---------- Post added 03-01-23 at 07:10 PM ----------

You can also send him an email if you have any questions for him (its on his site under 'Contact')
03-01-2023, 08:21 PM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
I just sent an email.

This is my pentax mx, there are many like it but this one is mine.
03-03-2023, 10:31 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, welcome to PentaxForums! I'm moving this thread to "Repairs and Warranty Service"

03-03-2023, 01:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like your shutter came dis attached. I just got done doing a Spotmatic with the same issue. You can try taking off the bottom and charge up the mirror and squeeze the shutter. This may help, if not you need someone who repairs shutters.