Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2023, 08:29 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
K-01 shutter problem

Today I took my K-01 for a walk after a long break and noticed a problem: whenever the camera went to sleep and I woke it again, the shutter wouldn't open. I had to turn the camera off and on to make it work. Looks like it's going to die soon
Is it the same faulty solenoid as in the entry level DSLRs or something different? Can it be fixed?
Thanks

04-13-2023, 08:57 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe it is different than the ones in the KXX series. Check the previous thread on it. I do think it is not easily repairable. I had the same problem and my camera sits on the shell waiting for a solution.
04-13-2023, 09:05 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jimmm18 Quote
I believe it is different than the ones in the KXX series. Check the previous thread on it. I do think it is not easily repairable. I had the same problem and my camera sits on the shell waiting for a solution.
Me too. I'm willing to pay to get it fixed, but it looks that nobody can fix it.
04-13-2023, 10:53 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks jimmm18 and Mbaez! I found another thread. Seems like no one could find a solution. It'll save me time contacting repair services.