Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2023, 02:31 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
By the way, KEH does not repair lens separation either.
I know it's been disappointing, but thank you for letting us know the results of your searches.
There was that one former Forums member who mentioned having done such things himself.

I don't know the status of that person, or what business practices or results are like, but he might be reached via an Ebay contact.
The ebay ID seems to be - silver vintage photo - all as one word.

04-21-2023, 07:47 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Great news! I just heard back from LIN WEA LUN in Tiawan. He will repair my lens separation. Here's what he said -

老鏡回春記ProLensCLA <lin0975165383@gmail.com>

You
Hello Sir,
Yes, I can fix the elements separation by taking apart the two elements and re-cementing them together precisely.
The price of fixing the problem is US$150. I accept PayPal payment.

I’m going to have a personal vacation whole the May, and will come back to work on 1st June.
If needed, please send me the lens at early June.

Here is my shipping information~
Address: 11F-5., No. 27, Songjiang RD., Taipei City, Taiwan
Postal Code: 10455
Receiver: LIN WEA LUN
Phone#: +886975165383

Please send your lens by registered/trackable parcel (EMS by post office, UPS, FedEx, DHL or other reliable is preferred) and declare the value of the parcel at US$ 50 to avoid unnecessary import tax.
Once I receive the lenses, I will discuss with you.

Please let me know if there is any question.

Many thanks,
Lin
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[老鏡回春記 ProLensCLA]
專業鏡頭維修保養
Professional Lens Repair & Maintenance /CLA

林緯倫 0975165383
Wea Lun Lin +886 975165383
04-21-2023, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #18

I take it you meant the above post to be in this thread about lens separation rather than the new Windows computer thread so I moved it.

Let us know how this works out.
04-21-2023, 02:31 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I just found out that the $150 USD not only includes repairing the lens separation, but also a total CLA job on the lens. WHAT A DEAL!

I don't know anyone in USA who will do a complete CLA for $150 USD. In fact, the largest repairer of lenses in USA (KEH) charges $200 to $350 minimum just to look at your lens.

Indeed, I'll be sure let you all know the eventual results...

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 04-21-2023 at 02:36 PM.
04-22-2023, 08:55 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
OK, I've now struck out everywhere I've tried (including on another blog that recommended a guy in Russia and a non-responsive guy in Taiwan).

It's beginning to look like the only option left is for me to order a bottle of optical adhesive and try one more time to do it myself. I'm NOT looking forward to this...

Having done it in the past, I give myself the following odds:
# 25% turns out perfect/like-new
# 50% it turns out "OK" with the re-glued group making reasonably acceptable images
# 25% the re-glued group has unacceptable bubbles or debris between the elements and/or major alignment issues rendering the group trash. Only option then is to buy another lens and cannibalize that lens group from it.
It depends on the specifics of the lens as it sits in the barrel-
I used Index Matching Fluid to repair the Doublet in a Canon 135/3.5 Rangefinder lens. The elements had completely separated. The Barrel is well machined and tight, the elements aligned well and the fluid spread evenly after screwing it back together.
After almost 20 years- the lens works well.

Which Voigtlander lens do you have, what group is it?