Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2023, 05:31 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My k3iii has been in repair status for a month now. They sent my 150-450 to Japan without any repair estimate, approval or prepayment and it says repair approved and in repair. Not sure what to think.

Last edited by Ski Jumper; 11-16-2023 at 08:24 PM.
11-17-2023, 10:06 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Here's an update to my post of 10/18 on Precision Camera repair services for my K-3iii. It's currently waiting for parts ("main circuit" & "finder LCD") from Pentax/Ricoh. No estimate of when the parts will be available. I presume I'm in line behind warranty repair, but who knows. It's been two months since I sent it to them.
11-17-2023, 10:31 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Buckeyemikie Quote
Here's an update to my post of 10/18 on Precision Camera repair services for my K-3iii. It's currently waiting for parts ("main circuit" & "finder LCD") from Pentax/Ricoh. No estimate of when the parts will be available. I presume I'm in line behind warranty repair, but who knows. It's been two months since I sent it to them.
Curious.- did you have to contact them or did it show up on the current repair status?
11-17-2023, 06:34 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just to bring this to completion. My K5iiS is on its' way home. Tracking shows it will be back here on Tuesday, November 21st. I'll try to be more careful going forward but truthfully the old girl has held up pretty well all things considered. It has been doing what I asked in good weather and really bad weather for darn near a decade. Aside from an occasional trip locally for cleaning it has never given me any problems at all

I guess that all is well that ends well. I shoot way more film than digital but it will be nice to have the camera back again..

11-22-2023, 11:09 AM   #20
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
Just to bring this to completion. My K5iiS is on its' way home. Tracking shows it will be back here on Tuesday, November 21st. I'll try to be more careful going forward but truthfully the old girl has held up pretty well all things considered. It has been doing what I asked in good weather and really bad weather for darn near a decade. Aside from an occasional trip locally for cleaning it has never given me any problems at all

I guess that all is well that ends well. I shoot way more film than digital but it will be nice to have the camera back again..
Good news, and well worth the trouble of getting it repaired, IMHO. Even though you're shooting more film, you'd miss it if it were gone, I think... and frankly, aside from resolution, the latest cameras really don't offer that much of a jump in image quality (especially since yours is the "S" without AA filter).

Here's wishing you another decade of use in all weathers
11-23-2023, 04:41 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Good news, and well worth the trouble of getting it repaired, IMHO. Even though you're shooting more film, you'd miss it if it were gone, I think... and frankly, aside from resolution, the latest cameras really don't offer that much of a jump in image quality (especially since yours is the "S" without AA filter).

Here's wishing you another decade of use in all weathers
Yeah, I have always been impressed with everything about that K5iiS. That is really why I still own it I have rented the K-1 and the K-3 after they came out and have not been impressed enough with the increase in image quality to lay down the cash for either camera. It wasn't that I did not like them, in my opinion both of the other cameras were very, very nice, just not nice enough to prefer either one over the one I already own.

Interestingly, the camera is back and Precision Camera did all the clean-up that they were supposedly going to charge extra for in the original estimate. I wonder if they had even looked at the camera before they sent me the original estimate.

Anyway, I am very happy it is back and I would most certainly recommend this company. The actual work that was done was high quality and I am happy with it.

And I am certainly looking forward to many more years with this camera..
11-23-2023, 07:05 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It is nice hear of a positive experience with Precision. I am sure there are many that we do not hear about.