Veteran Member

If You Haven't Already Seen This. ...

02-18-2016, 08:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Utilitarian...? Ugly?...
02-18-2016, 08:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

That guy is creepy.. But I agree, the K-1 is not a pretty design to my eye. The K-7/K-5 bodies were the best looking cameras from the stable.
02-18-2016, 09:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
That guy is creepy.. But I agree, the K-1 is not a pretty design to my eye. The K-7/K-5 bodies were the best looking cameras from the stable.
Yeah,

But do you really want to go back to those(lost the lens button twice)?

02-18-2016, 09:08 PM   #5
npc
Veteran Member

Whoever this guy is, he's never seen the camera or the lenses in person. He's just comenting on the specs everyone can find on the internet and not even reading them very carefully...
02-18-2016, 09:12 PM   #6
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by npc Quote
Whoever this guy is, he's never seen the camera or the lenses in person. He's just comenting on the specs everyone can find on the internet and not even reading them very carefully...
He used to be very Nikon oriented, i'm glad he's been trying to branch out a bit. Give him a break
02-18-2016, 09:15 PM - 1 Like   #7

I love the aesthetics of the K1. Its the kind of "beauty" that I like. The beauty of a Lamborghini Diablo, or a Walther P40. It looks tough, bad ass, and little. Its like a Joe Pesci kind of beauty, lol.

02-18-2016, 09:17 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Who cares what it looks like? My all time favourite body was the film KX. It felt like a brick, it looked like a brick, and was durable like a brick. Took lots and lots of slides and film. It worked. Every time. For a long time.
02-18-2016, 09:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Matt Granger is a nice guy, he just went from covering almost only Nikon to be more general. In short he got his taste and it is no secret.
He was seriously ill just a short time ago so it isnt that remarkable that he seems to lack a bit of energy now in the videos.
02-18-2016, 09:32 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
I agree, the front looks a little bulky. But lenses should do a good job of covering that up.

For me appearance means almost nothing, though, as long as the camera doesn't look like a toy (cough k-01 cough k-s1).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-18-2016, 09:38 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Matt Granger is a nice guy, he just went from covering almost only Nikon to be more general. In short he got his taste and it is no secret.
He was seriously ill just a short time ago so it isnt that remarkable that he seems to lack a bit of energy now in the videos.
Yes, that was his original Youtube series, 'That Nikon Guy'.

He even had a go at a 645Z and enjoyed the experience.

He's no Rockwell or DXOMark, he's almost a Friend of Pentax.
02-18-2016, 09:41 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
Yeah,

But do you really want to go back to those(lost the lens button twice)?
Never lost mine
Though the mode dial cap fell off the K-01 not long after buying it.
02-18-2016, 10:23 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I agree, the front looks a little bulky. But lenses should do a good job of covering that up.

For me appearance means almost nothing, though, as long as the camera doesn't look like a toy (cough k-01 cough k-s1).
I can't wait to stick your brother's FA85 on mine when I get it.
02-18-2016, 10:34 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I've watched a number of his video's over the years. He went from being a really enthusiastic amateur & could get on your nerves, but did good reviews, to where he has branched out and is respected in photography. He's done a number of videos with Mark Wallace, and Gavin Hoey. He also has close to 400,000 subscribers. So, him giving the K1 for the most part (He didn't like the way it looks) a really good review is a win for Pentax & us. I think we'll see more new members is also a win once people see that Pentax makes great and affordable cameras.

Last edited by glee46; 02-18-2016 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake.
02-19-2016, 02:17 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
... he's almost a Friend of Pentax.
That title is hilarious and really brings a smile - "Friend of Pentax", ha ha!