Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150766 Likes Search this Thread
02-28-2017, 04:14 AM - 2 Likes   #7621
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
What do you guys think ?
Are you trying totally different developping ideas from time to time ?
Hm - nice images but your examples are a bit too yellowish to my taste. I once did something similar. In my images I didn’t like the green cast in the sky where blue and yellow mixes.

So - I also do these kind of experiments. Sometimes it is necessary to get the image I imagine. Especially in the context of Black & White development I do this very often. IMO to master these challenges it’s extremely important to have at least basic knowledge about color models and how the tools of the specific post processing software works on this basis. I use Capture One. This raw converter lets me explore possiblities in a fast way by using delivered, availlable or built by myself editing profiles. Looking closer at the foreign profiles I can learn a lot.

Look at the example below. I didn’t manage to get the image I imagined in post. Trying different delivered profiles I found the basis for further development. The result satisfies my notions of this specific scenerie - Capture One Pro 10, Lomo Style 2 modified.

Stairs to Chinese Tower, English Garden, Munich.

Tech notes: K-1 - Square Mode - HD DA15 - slightly cropped to width and height ~74°, another example where DA15 shows what's possible using it in (FF) Square Mode over APSC mode. Maybe others like this image too.

Last edited by acoufap; 02-28-2017 at 05:53 AM.
02-28-2017, 04:32 AM   #7622
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Devin Townsend from last sunday.

K-1 and 24-70
Nice shot. Son of Pete?
02-28-2017, 05:44 AM   #7623
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Nice shot. Son of Pete?
Thank you Nah, dont think so hehe
02-28-2017, 06:31 AM - 1 Like   #7624

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/190-pentax-k-1-k-1-ii/346048d1488288645-post-your-k-1-pictures-imgp4165.jpg

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-28-2017, 06:38 AM   #7625
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Nice shot. Son of Pete?
Who?

Not his son.
02-28-2017, 07:21 AM   #7626
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
3. FF Mode • 400 ISO • Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
Looks good to me FS...but can you start telling us what these meals are.....we might like to know? It will help with the damn squirrels too....they once again mistook this for soup?

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Getting a taste.....
Excellent shot Eaglem......but brought to my attention that "It's not Hubble!"

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Pygmy Owl with Sigma 500 f4.5
Perfect, just superb!

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Thanks guys!
You get better then relapse.....this is definitely "better"! ....and I will have to buy the squirrels fewer colored pencils to make it "great"! Lovely lady she is, they all agreed on that!

Regards!
02-28-2017, 07:52 AM - 9 Likes   #7627
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just had to find a place to pull over and grab this shot... It was eerie going over the span a few minutes later.

Pentax K-1 smc PENTAX-DA* 300mm F4 ED [IF] SDM ƒ/16.0 300.0 mm 1/640 iso100

02-28-2017, 08:06 AM - 2 Likes   #7628
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Just had to find a place to pull over and grab this shot... It was eerie going over the span a few minutes later.
WOW! That would be eerie...and a little damn scary too! Maybe I would have waited a while before crossing? I got caught in a fog out near Odessa Tx one night on the Interstate......managed to get off on a side road and heard the crashes for almost an hour......what I saw when daylight came still haunts my memory.
Regards!

"Hey buddy, don't perch above me until you get that leaky bowel syndrome cleared up!"

Name:  IMGP5808-800-K1.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  443.3 KB
02-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #7629
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
Hm - nice images but your examples are a bit too yellowish to my taste. I once did something similar. In my images I didn’t like the green cast in the sky where blue and yellow mixes.

So - I also do these kind of experiments. Sometimes it is necessary to get the image I imagine. Especially in the context of Black & White development I do this very often. IMO to master these challenges it’s extremely important to have at least basic knowledge about color models and how the tools of the specific post processing software works on this basis. I use Capture One. This raw converter lets me explore possiblities in a fast way by using delivered, availlable or built by myself editing profiles. Looking closer at the foreign profiles I can learn a lot.

Look at the example below. I didn’t manage to get the image I imagined in post. Trying different delivered profiles I found the basis for further development. The result satisfies my notions of this specific scenerie - Capture One Pro 10, Lomo Style 2 modified.

Stairs to Chinese Tower, English Garden, Munich.

Tech notes: K-1 - Square Mode - HD DA15 - slightly cropped to width and height ~74°, another example where DA15 shows what's possible using it in (FF) Square Mode over APSC mode. Maybe others like this image too.
Thanks for your input. I only work with my own presets now but some of them comes from a VSCO filmPack I bought years ago.

I like the way you did develop your image and Im curious about Capture One Pro. I might (re)try the demo, it's always interresting to see if there is other RAW converter as fast as Lr.
02-28-2017, 08:28 AM - 10 Likes   #7630

Pentax K1 HD D-FA 24-70 WR and a female singer

Promo shoot for 'Eleanore and the Lost'

Jonathan Gorse Photography
02-28-2017, 09:11 AM - 6 Likes   #7631
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

One Shade of Gray

Here are some pics of an immaculate, late '80s 911 Carrera coupe I photographed at a concours in Kemah, TX over the weekend. It was the first car show in which I was able to use my K-1/28-105 combo at a car show, and I found it to terrific for this sort of thing. I took a boatload of photos, so I'll be posting more pics here and in other sections of the forum in the coming days.

Jer

02-28-2017, 09:18 AM - 1 Like   #7632
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
WOW! That would be eerie...and a little damn scary too! Maybe I would have waited a while before crossing? I got caught in a fog out near Odessa Tx one night on the Interstate......managed to get off on a side road and heard the crashes for almost an hour......what I saw when daylight came still haunts my memory.
Regards!

"Hey buddy, don't perch above me until you get that leaky bowel syndrome cleared up!"

Attachment 346059
Fun factoid - My whole family went over that bridge in 1980, on our way to a vacation pulling a travel trailer. Mom wanted to stop for the night, but Dad wanted to press on and get to our destination. (good old Pop's, I do miss him so...)

We would have been going over that bridge that next morning right about when it was hit by the freighter "Summit Venture" if we had stopped in St Pete for the night...

So, as you can imagine, I really do take those bridges seriously... going over is a little tense. The new Sunshine Skyway is a LOT bigger (taller) than the old bridge, but the "bumpers" they put around it are supposed to help prevent it ever happening again.

Back to photography and the K-1, It is often VERY hard to get a good picture of the span because of the high humidity over the water, the mirage makes most shots look like an impressionist painting. I was pretty pleased this one came out so well, despite all the fog and moisture in the air. I guess when moisture condenses onto fog, it must help relieve mirage a little? I dunno... I usually have to wait for very dry days to get a good shot otherwise.

Eric
02-28-2017, 09:42 AM - 1 Like   #7633
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jonlg Quote

Promo shoot for 'Eleanore and the Lost'

Jonathan Gorse Photography
Quality.
02-28-2017, 10:26 AM - 6 Likes   #7634
Veteran Member

Time for a Kiddie Story boys & girls!

"I can't believe squirrels haven't see this yet?"

"Gotta work fast before they see me....I hear some of those rodents carry shotguns nowadays?"

"Now for a fast getaway.....I beat those stupid squirrels today!"

"Dumb birds! While he was grabbing that tiny peanut...look what I got...a triple nut special!"

"Gonna be so tasty!"

I heard the squirrels called in a Tree Doctor to see why the sap stopped flowing?

Good luck to them!

Thats all folks!

Regards!
02-28-2017, 11:05 AM - 6 Likes   #7635
Pentaxian

A few from today DA* 60-250 and K-1.